1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whaoh- Where Have I Been! Re-Inspiration...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Count Bassie, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    I was going to sell my AMP BH-420 until last night. I even had three buyers lined up and waiting to come plug into it.

Last night I plugged into the headphone jack and played stuff I would ordinarily never touch. My execution was haggard, but it was a smack upside the head of inspiration. I have been, for a good 10 years now, consistently playing music I don't love and putting up with lots of political ******** to do it. I have effectively poisoned my relationship with music through consistent devastating compromise to the point that I've become a blockhead almost utterly. Anyway, last night I got a wake up call through a pair of headphones, and have answered it. I pulled the ad.

I'm still playing music I don't love, but I'm also taking care of that which I do, the muse that got me started in the first place. It's "that sound- the beautful sound" that I wanted to make! This old A.M.P. bass head took me there last night, so I have to keep it.

I'm taking stock of things that are meaningful to me musically/personally. I have a family and responsibilities- and I love my people! I owe them and their needs are pre-eminent. It's one of the things that makes life satisfactory. But there is no excuse for letting yourself go to hell. Gotta keep you garden.

Thanks for reading.

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Awesome man! Thats good to hear! We all need a little re-inspiration every now and again. I'm experiencing a little of that right now. Fell into a little bit of a rut. For some reason I feel like getting a Bass Muff might curb that. Good luck to you! Remember to always play what you love, then the music never dies.