What´s your opinion on Warvick Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chilensko, Mar 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. chilensko

chilensko

Sep 27, 2010
    Hi Folks!
    I'm looking for a cab for my rehearsal space mostly and it will be run with my
    Acoustic Image Head 650 W 4 Ohmios
    I already own a Barefaced 12" Super midget 8 ohms (my giging cab)
    Since I own a 12" I thought maybe another 12" make sense If I ever have to use both.
    Then I saw 4x 8" Warvick and is very affordable 190 €
    https://www.thomann.de/es/warwick_wca_408_lightweight_cab_ce.htm
    Warvick 12" 145 €
    https://www.thomann.de/es/warwick_wca_112_lightweight_cab.htm

So my question is
    Is Warwick crap?
    Shall I get another 12" or the 4 x 8" for a posible combination with Super midget?
    Can you mix three diferents brands?
    What would you do?

Thanks In advance I'm really bad with Impedances and mixing cabs and all that stuff

2. René_Julien

René_Julien Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    I wouldn't know, don't have experience with Warwick.

Hmmm... I would advice against it. I'm in the not-mixing-cabs camp. But people are free to mix different cabs if they want to.

Yes, no problem. As long as you mind connecting it up right and mind the impedence of the cabs and the amp are correct.

I would wait and save up for another Barefaced cab. I'd hold out for the Super Twin, if you like the extended range save up for a Big Twin II.
    But I can understand money can be tight.

You can hook up two 8ohm cabs to a 4ohm amp. The cabs will connect in parallel so 8ohm + 8ohm = 4ohm. (If it were a serial connection, which isn't the case here and an uncommom way of connectiong cabs, then 8ohm + 8ohm = 16ohm.)

Cheers.

3. chilensko

chilensko

Sep 27, 2010
    Thanks for the reply!!!!
    I know that it can be annoying so many questions!
    Another Barefaced is too pricey.
    The Warwick 12" is very tempting a that price, I´ll wait if somebody has an opinion.

4. René_Julien

René_Julien Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    no problem

annoying are the people who are annoyed by that

5. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Why do you automatically conclude that “Warwick is crap”?
    Although mixing cabs is possible you will get the best results if you simply add another of what already own and like.
    Adding another 112 from a different manufacturer might work, but you may find that they are voiced very differently and don’t sound good together. The only way to know is to try.
    I would avoid adding a 4x8 as the 112 will be taxed in trying to keep up with it.

6. chilensko

chilensko

Sep 27, 2010
    Thanks for the advice!
    I'm not trying to offend any one with Warwick, I'm just impressed with the low price of the cab.

7. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    BF is a higher end brand. Typically better results come if mixing brands is at least lateral.

Sensitivity and voicing are likely to be quite different. I agree another of the same BF is smarter.

8. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Warwick has a much bigger presence in Europe and Thomann distribution helps keep their prices low there. The same cabinet here in the USA would easily be double that price.
    These cabs are light enough that I'm certain they are plywood construction instead of MDF. It's odd that Warwick isn't explicit on this point. They also use Celestion speakers, which aren't crap.
    That said, neither of those models has a frequency range that would produce massive low end, if that's what you're after.

9. chilensko

chilensko

Sep 27, 2010
    Thanks again!
    probably the 12" it would be good enough for a rehearsal cab,...
    off topic, I used to go to Santa Cruz to MTb...good memories.

10. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    OT: Yes, that was one of the initial draws to the locale. I don't need to rack my bike to get to good trails.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021