1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What’s the smallest vehicle you’ve fit an 8x10 into?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RedWire75, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Like the title says... what’s the smallest vehicle you’ve fit an 8x10 into? Bonus points for pics!

2. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    I was able to fit my 8x10 into my Kia Soul when I still had it... still looking for pics, might have been on my old computer, if I can find them, I will post them

Edit --> Found a couple of pics. while loading up... I fit the Ampeg V4B head in there as well as the PA speakers and 3 bass guitars too
    U8nISJh.

iRiBRRs.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  3. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Chevrolet aveo (now called the sonic I think? also solder under the daewoo, suzuki, holden, pontiac, and ravon brands) sedan.

I had pictures somewhere, and I know I've posted them on here before. Flatback 8x10 across the back seat, basses in hard cases in front of that behind the front seats, SVT and pedal board in the trunk, driver and passenger in front.

The 8x10 basically left indents on the handles of the back door when the doors were closed it as it reached all the way across the back seat of the car.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Years ago I sold one to a guy who came to pick it up in a tiny Saturn wagon. He had to scoot the driver's seat up to make it fit. The head had to go in the passenger's seat.

taught likes this.
  5. meower

meower

Mar 11, 2014
    san diego
    Fit an 810 in the back seat of a Ford Fusion. the back seats won’t go down in this vehicle too so I couldn’t load from trunk

Pet Politics likes this.
  6. That’s just impressive.

troy mcclure and coreyfyfe like this.
  7. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    Yup - I could load my Mesa PH810, SKB 4u amp rack, 3 basses in hardshells, travel bag and cooler into the GF's KIA Soul, ands still have the passenger seat empty...

Crusher47 likes this.
  8. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Not an Ampeg 8x10, but similar, actually wider(30w/15d/48h), I can manage putting my Sunn 2000s(2x15”)in my Toyota Matrix hatchback with room left over for the head on the side. Love that car, it fits far more gear than it appears.

9. alembic76407

alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    Oklahoma
    My Kia Soul, that's 16-5s, do the math, that's 8-10s 100_1496.JPG

Microbass, quickervicar and Rudyboy98 like this.
  10. So I need to look at Kia Souls. Not necessarily going for an 8x10 but at least a 6x10.

11. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    They will hold an impressive amount of stuff, IME - great on gas, too...

12. I have a '18 Mini Cooper Countryman and can fit my 810 in there (part of the reason I bought the car). The Clubman will also fit an 810. Was also able to fit an 810 into my '08 Subaru Impreza hatchback.

13. Black Bettie.

14. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Another not an 810 but in a similar vein, my Bergantino NV610 fit across the back seat of my Subaru WRX sedan. Not the hatchback, the 4 door. I could also fit my full size upright in the front seat at the same time. Electrics and amps in the trunk. I sold the car 10 years ago but it was a trip to see it packed. The 610 cleared the back door opening with about 1" clearance.

15. stigbeve

stigbeve

Sep 24, 2014
  16. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    1974 Volkswagon Super Beetle (convertible sans passenger seat)

Full load out; SVT, 810, Fender TR, Gibson ES335, Fender Jazz

Not my rig, not my ride, I just helped the guy load up. I really wish I had a pic, I would have had it framed. :D

Wisebass and Hurricane Jimmie like this.
  17. Ben B

Ben B Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    That's how I carried my SVT flatback in my Dodge Dart many years ago. Amp and bass went in the trunk. IIRC, the cabinet was only about an inch too deep to fit in the trunk. Lengthwise, I believe it would fit.

coreyfyfe likes this.
  18. electrichead

electrichead

Nov 29, 2013
    Across the back seat of an early 2000s Hyundai Elantra.

19. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Kia Soul
    Honda Element

20. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Endorsing Artist: AlienAudio Basses
    I haven't tried, but they'll supposedly fit in my Honda FIT.

mindwell likes this.