What’s wrong with this picture

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twinfallsbass, May 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    Searching on Letgo app and came across this add, it’a amazing what people will try to sell. They want over $400 for the items!

43973249-9C66-4938-B156-DC5C5D92BB1B.jpeg

2. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Medina
    Lol,
    one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.
    Hmmmm.

3. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    I'm almost tempted to call and go check it out, just for the fun of it.................................. Almost

4. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    WTH is that?

Almost looks like a plunger in there? Lol!

5. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    Ask him how much more it would cost if he keeps the cab.

6. Some auto sub driver on the right?The left one looks a bit more like the bottom two but no cigar.

smogg, bobyoung53 and twinfallsbass like this.
  7. A $20 WalMart sub added for more lows.
    It's all good man. :thumbsup:

twinfallsbass likes this.
  8. Rudyboy98

Rudyboy98

Jan 25, 2008
    South Bay, CA
    There is nothing wrong with the picture.

The cab, OTOH..is another thread...

twinfallsbass likes this.
  9. What? Three tens and a wedgie.

10. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Medina
    It looks like the Mark IV goes between 200 and 300 online in decent shape (that one is in rough shape), that cabinet really isn't worth much as is. So, imo, it's way overpriced.
    (thank you Captain Obvious, right?)

11. Pass. But...

Have to say, that Mark IV looks pretty badass. Gotta love old school Peavey gear, even if just for the brutality of the design.

12. BlueShox

BlueShox Registered Turtle

Jul 14, 2007
    West Columbia, SC
    Here's a set-up that has an asking price of $850 on my local Craigslist. Its been there a few months, hard to imagine.

Peavey Bass amp

00M0M_6RX3I1KDdZP_600x450.jpg

13. ultra60

ultra60 Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Herndon/Chantilly Va.
    lol... reminds me of being in a store that had a used Fender Twin. One speaker was a JBL. The other was a "Pyle Driver". Dood was checking it out, questioning the sales guy about the Pyle. Salesman replies... "JBL and Pyle Driver. That is a good, good, combination!"

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  14. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    :)

15. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    That is a much better deal that what's in some of our classifieds right now.
    The idiotic pricing for basses and amps allows these items to exist forever with bumps.

Also, if you're selling a bass, list the weight and neck width at the nut.
    It always gets asked for and I'm tired of asking the seller for this basic information.
    As a result, many of us get turned off asking for info that should have been included IME/IMO.

16. Agreed... South Jersey Craigslist is ridiculous. There has literally never been a good buy that I've seen... They always say that the gear is mint, and it SOOOO clearly is not, and sometimes, it's just dirty... but by the time I try to rationalize why someone would list gear as mint, and then not peel off the Sponge Bob sticker before listing it....

It's easier to just recognize that they're lying and move on.

Then... when you're lucky enough to actually find a piece of mint gear... the Lister somehow feels that it has appreciated since he bought it a month ago... Nothing like an Orange 410 cab, new for $999, selling used on CL for $1050 because he has the padded cover for it.

And perhaps my favorite listing... The "just because it's a name brand, means it's a treasure" posting. In this instance, the idiot believes that just because their 15 watt Indonesian combo says Marshall on it, that it's a Marshall stack Jr...

Aqualung60 and Rudyboy98 like this.
  17. kpc

kpc

Apr 6, 2011
    LOL!

18. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I don't see anything wrong with it. It's new technology. Come on, people! Get with it! :woot::woot:

19. ProgressiveDoom

ProgressiveDoom Guest

Mar 31, 2017
    His attempt at letting go is not going to work out for him at that price, possibly he is in denial of letting go therefor the asking price.:rolleyes:

20. JRA likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022