Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What 4x10 cab could handle 600W RMS or 750W RMS and is around $600?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skit_skittson, Jun 4, 2002.

1. What cab could I get to withstand a QSC RMX 1850 or 2450, I think those are the models. One puts out 600W RMS @ 4 ohms and the other puts out 750W RMS @ 4 ohms. What cab could handle one of those two and is around $600?

2. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Acme's Low B-4 is rated 700 W continuous, 600 W sine wave @ 31 Hz (low B), and costs $695 shipped.

3. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    I highly recommend the Acme. Depending on what kind of music you are playing, of course.

4. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I forgot to mention that the Acme needs that much power to be heard!

5. submelodic

submelodic

Feb 7, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    :D

6. So the Acme cab could handle the Ampeg Svp-Pro run through the QSC RMX1850 or RMX2450. Where can I find that Acme cab?

7. What about those Avatar speaker cabs? I'm looking at the Avatar b410 right now and it says each speaker can withstand 300W RMS which means the whole cab can withstand 1200W RMS. Is this true? If it is than I think I'm going with the Avatars.

8. Yes, its true.

I have the avatar 210 which is 600 RMS.

These cabs can go very loud, and take a lot of oomph - the emminence speakers seem to be designed as loud, good quality ge PA speakers

As many have stated, low-bass handling of the 210 and 410 is not as good as other cabs, you really need another cab for that. Their power handling and efficency is better than most.

9. I figure I can use my amp and bass to equalize enough to get the low bassy sound to cut through more. Plus I don't want too much of a bassy sound.

10. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    Here. They only sell direct. Or check eBay.

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    A used Eden D410XLT.

12. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    a used ampeg bxt-410.... this cab has plenty of low-end.. The only bad thing about this cab is that it weighs 130lbs.. but hey.. its has some monster tone IMO :)