1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What 4x10 with Neo speakers will sound good with the DB750? or 2x15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pmaraziti, Oct 23, 2009.

1. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    I'm in the process of rationalising a bit my amp/cabs

I like the Aguilar DB410 cab with the DB750 (I already own the amp), but it's very heavy. In general not a big issue, but if there's something with neodynium speakers that can save on weight, it'll help. I tested several times the DB750 with the Epifani UL 410, but I didn't like it...

Also, do you think that a 2x15 setup would be flexible enough otherwise? I'm into blues mostly, but I'd like something versatile enough...

The final option is stay as I am... and save some bucks! :)

2. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'd order a pair of Barefaced Compacts (1x15s) or a Vintage, and never look back:)

3. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I didn't like my old DB750 with any of the Epifani UL stuff either. Sort of the 2x15 realm is what I'm currently using: A pair of Schroeder 15+L's. I used to run them with my old DB750 and they were a wonderful pairing. The even mids and tight low end of the 15+L's worked great to take some of the squish out of the DB750 while still allowing it to retain its voice to some degree. They also respond to EQ quite well and are VERY easy to carry.

4. I have been using an Aggie DB750 with a bergantino AE410 for over a year now. They compliment each other very well. The cab can take everything the DB750 throws at it, and it's just a sweet sounding setup, with tons of punchy goodness. I also have an Epi ul410(I) that doesn't sound nearly as good with the DB750.

5. pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    Wow, the barefaced Vintage specs are wonderful. And it does sound nice in a youtube vid that I founf on basschat.co.uk, but do you think it's versatile enough? I dig 15" , but I wonder whether with no tweeter I'm missing something...

6. pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    Any experience with EBS cabs?

7. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston

+1!

8. +1 to the above. The DB750 likes a 'tight and brite' cab to even out the big low end and polite mids (especially upper mids). The AE410 is just the cab to do it, and at 62 pounds and only around 15" deep, it is a dream to schlepp.

The dual Schroeder 115L+'s make a lot of sense to me also, and would be even tighter, and a bit less aggressive up top.