What 4x10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbassabuse, Oct 4, 2004.

1. I'm looking to add a 4x10 to my sound, so any ideas? I'm not super rich, so I'm looking at stuff around the £300 mark. Not bothered if used, but must be in good condition, and must sound good. I've been snooping around at ashdown and ampeg, as they are the most available to me. Are there any that I have missed out?

Many thanks for your time.
  2. The Ampeg 4x10 HLF is a rock solid cabinet, as well as the Victor Wooten Signature cabinet. You can't really go wrong with either of those. If you can find a Trace Elliot 4x10, those are wonderful cabs.

Good Luck.
  3. b-ace!

Jul 15, 2004
    hey I'm in your same position I'm currently deciding between a GK 410 BLX and a GK 410 SBX. I've tried GK, hartke, ashdown, peavey cabs. I think the ashdown stuff its too boomy for me and not clear enough but it depends what sound you want.

ampeg stuff for £300? thats good. go for it. but check out the GK stuff if you can. I wasnt expecting much (I guess I was pre-judging it as I hadn't seen it in any shops) but I was very suprised. It has a nice sound. I'm going go play on it a little more this weekend though before I take the plunge.