1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What 5 string set's...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mike M., Nov 28, 2010.

1. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    ...that are coated have a taperwound low B?

Last summer I bought an Ibanez SR505 and I love the strings that came with them. I asked here if anybody knew what strings came on these basses and folks said they are the Nanoweb Elixers. Okay, cool. Bought a set only to find that the low B is NOT taperwound at the ball end of the string. As far as I can tell the cut in the saddle is not wide and deep enough to accomidate the string. Looks like the string will be riding on top of the saddle cut as opposed to being properly seated as it does with the strings that are still on the bass.

I looked on Elixers website but can't find any information as to which of thier sets (if any) have a taperwound low B. Although the strings on my bass are indeed coated, maybe they're not Elixers?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Try juststrings.com or some of the other online vendors that sell singles. Elixir does have a tapered B string available.

3. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    If you bought an Ibanez, they are Elixirs. I didn't even know Elixir made non-tapered B-strings.

4. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Thanks, guys. I will look at the juststrings website later.