Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What a day today was.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I was invited up to boston to play in a Berklee ensemble. That was great. Afterwards I decide to take a nice trip down to GC boston. I'm playing some different basses, and then as I'm playing a dude comes up to me and asks if I am "whafrodamus" from TB. I say yes.. It's one of my best TB friends, I like Tictacs! I talk to him online all the time. It was a good time. Then Bakeroo comes around and we all sit and jam. I brought my fender and they played it, Mike (Tictacs) brought his modulus flea which was quite a good bass. I really enjoyed it. We then ate chinese food and stuff. It was quite a good time. Oh, we played a warwick $$, and it was poo. The spector euro preamp is loud... very loud. and I made a few other discoveries. The Peavey B quad is awkward, and again.. Modulus fleas pwn. What a day.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    A spontaneous mini-GTG.

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Indeed.

4. I must say, it was pretty epic. I didn't want to be like all creepy knowing your name and I had no idea who you were, so as soon as you told the salesman he mislabled the ric, I was like, oh lord only Whafro would make that comment cause he raved about it on TB. So I was like, yo dawg, you post on TB? And he was like, yeh dawg. And the rest is history.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
  6. Oh yeah, I am about this || close to buying a thumb 6. Just don't know if I want to wait to play it for a month or just order the damn thing. I know how it's going to sound, but whatever.

7. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    was a good time, defiantly have to do it again. I didn't know that mike had just run into whafro, I thought it was planned.

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    OH! Yeah.. about the ric. GC boston has this Ric for sale for $1249.00. It was labeled "Rickenbacker 4001". I take a closer look, and I see that it's a Ric 4003. Infact, a 2001 4003. I tell the guys, and they didn't know what the hell I was talking about. Good times.

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

What? the fro wasnt a dead give away?

10. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    It's boston :p... There's atleast 3 people with afros.

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeh ... a little defiance goes a long way.

12. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    Yup, defiance. :ninja:

and whafro, it was definantly :cool: You I saw at that college thing in boston.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Cool beans, if I ever ran into a Talkbasser... I'd run from them, for they would find out that (iamtheqintar) I'm not that good at bass and have terrible social skills.

14. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts

Ah HA!!!!!!

15. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    uh-oh.. this thread is suffering from cross-thread contamination...

Commence shutdown and detoxification procedures....

*loud noises, lotsof probing and spraying of chemicals*

Procedures complete... Please continue