1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What a deal!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kobaia, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Kobaia

Kobaia

Oct 29, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amp Gruv Gear and Mono Cases
  2. CraigG

CraigG

Mar 14, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I'm getting ready to order a couple!

3. fretlessman71

fretlessman71 Still beats havin' a job Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2005
    FoCo, NoCo
    A baker's dozen, if you please. Shipping free too? :D

4. Ah, the old bait and switch! ;) :D

5. Flounder102Bass

Flounder102Bass

Jul 6, 2008
    wow that was some searies Bass there in 2009:)

6. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    If someone orders this bass and provides all the information and gets a printout of the $0.00 price, aren't they legally bound to send that person a bass? The transaction was made, and it's not the customer's fault the site doesn't calculate properly...

7. Dogbertday

Dogbertday Commercial User

Jul 10, 2007
    SE Wisconsin
    Blaine Music LLC
    I'm sooooo tempted to try. I'm thinkin that legally the consumer is in the clear... as CFclef has stated

8. "It's a deal, It's a steal, It's the sale of the ****ing century...In fact...**** it Nick, I think I'll keep it!"

9. Dogbertday

Jul 10, 2007
    SE Wisconsin
    Blaine Music LLC
    haha just ordered one... I didn't need to put in any payment info and I don't expect it to come... but it's a shot... haha

10. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    So did I. And I hope to be receiving a Ritter Roya five stringer in the mail. If not, we'll take a class action lawsuit or something!

11. Dogbertday

Jul 10, 2007
    SE Wisconsin
    Blaine Music LLC
    Yeeeeaaah law suits are fun!

12. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    They aren't legally obligated to sell you anything based on a web form data mistake. If you think any small business owner is going to take that much of a hit you're dreamin'. Nice dream though.

13. There's nothing better than free advertising!!

:D

D.Don

14. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    I would think this is akin to buying something with an incorrect price tag on it... the store sells it for whatever the label reads. Back in the day of buying CD's, I remember getting a Metallica album for $5.99. And no, not St. Anger. :)

15. Dogbertday

Jul 10, 2007
    SE Wisconsin
    Blaine Music LLC
    whether or not it arrives this january it's worth a shot.

I guess contractually the agreement is that I pay Zero Dollars and they give me a bass. So they would just have to say that I no longer have to pay zero dollars. In reality a lawsuit can be for your losses... I didn't have any losses. I'm just curious if there will be another series of errors in their processing and it may arrive.

In short, they don't have to send it, but if they do it IS rightfully mine

16. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I hope they DO send it. Hell, I'll even pay for shipping from Germany, to Chicago, to my house. However, if they have to send it back because there's issues, then they're on their own.

17. I just ordered one in time! I got the receipt for $0.00 and then I just went back to maybe order another one, and on the "Shopping Cart" thing, it now says they're $8,000.

18. I'm with you man =]

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021