What a feeling-to be a fan again

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SnoMan, Oct 8, 2005.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Man. I hope some of you guys have experienced this.

I'm just chillin out listen to my bands CD

And I'm just loving it.

This isn't the first CD I've been on. I've recorded with several bands....but this...I'm just a f***ing fan.

I worry that me saying this sounds vain...but, I'm not hearing it as a part of the group, I'm enjoying it as a fan.

Have any of you guys had this feeling towards one of your groups?
  2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I've recorded with quite a few bands, and been on the production side of quite a few recordings, but there's really only one jam some friends and I decided to capture that I really love. It just gets me excited about my own playing, and I like to pick up the licks I forgot about.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My band is really new. They use to be a different band. But now they want to go in a doomy/stoner rock direction. I never heard their old band until after I joined. They gave me some MP3s of their old band. They were the most insane... yet strangely happy, Fantomas esque grindcore band I ever heard. It's weird as hell. But they are chilling out and decided to disband that group and do a chilled out thing (sort of, in comparison). So they put up some recordings online, I found them one day and told them it was awesome and I was looking to start something similar. A couple days later I get a message from the frontman asking if I was any good at bass.

The song we just wrote blows my mind, It's like a 5-6 minute riff fest, and it's fairly midtempo. It's so crazy. It's really cool music, and I have fun playing it. Even if I wasn't in this band, I'd be a fan.
  4. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    I'm pleased for you. It is nice to listen to something you're intimately involved in.

If you don't love what the band sounds like you should find something else to do!!
  5. It's cool going and listening to what you were doing 20- 15-10- 5 years ago. You forget that you fluffed that run, or that you hate your tone, or the drummer missed a cymbal hit or whatever. As time passes you just get to accepting the recording for what it is/ not how you envisioned it to be.
  6. ganga

Jul 14, 2005
    If you don't love your own music, why should anyone else care about it? When you really love something you put your heart and soul into it, and that just makes it better.

Keep it swinging. :bassist:
  7. lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    i just got back some rough tracks of some stuff with the vocals laid down. i`ve been listening to a lot. the guy produced my bass track to the bone (do this, no do that!) it was soo cool! i had to seriously ask the guy i`m doing for if that was me on the bass? the music is really different in what i`m used to doing but in a direction i`m going right now. so it turned out really cool.
  8. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    It's a real chore here where I'm located to find a good band to join or to piece together your own group.

To be able to listen and forget that you're actually on a recording is most awesome.