Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What a find.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was searching Ebay for warwick basses and I've found a warwick thumb limited edition 2001 bolt on, 37th anniverasry thing for the bass centre(the same as mine). Do you think I should get it and use it as my gigging bass, and keep the other one at home for studio recording and stuff?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Why is this in OT?

:bag:

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey Nick,

Welcome to Talkbass! You'll probably get more effective replies by posting questions about basses in the "Basses" forum. We have very specific forums here and we try to keep the posts divided up accordingly because of the huge number of posts here. There are some people who may know a lot about basses who never set foot in the Off Topic forum. Usually off topic is where we have threads about anything that's not music or bass related at all. Misc. is where we put something that's related to music in any way but doesn't quite fit the other categories.

Enjoy your time here and regarding your question - personally I'd rather have as many different basses as possible rather than having two of the same. How often do you gig and how often do you take part in recording and stuff?

brad cook

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He's new.

brad cook

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Hes got a nice bass collection for being as young as he is. :eek:

6. You know he's older than you...right? ;)

7. I know, I'm very lucky. My dad has already decided I ain't gettin that bass, but he is very interested in getting me a warwick streamer LX. I just like thumb styling more, cuz they are more compact. And sorry about my bad posting, it'll improve as I find my way round the forum(it took me 5 minutes to find how to post a thread).

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Moved to Basses.

9. errrrrrr, what does that have to do with this thread?

10. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    That was a moderator moving your thread to the Basses forum

11. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Just an informational posting by one of the friendly mods in the Talkbass universe.

[Officer Bar Brady Voice]
    Nothing to see here, move along...
    [/Officer Bar Brady Voice]

12. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    When I think of "a find" I think of someone finding an old closeted '50s P-bass for $100 in an estate sale someplace. :hyper:

13. I totally missed the bit about moving it, and thought he posted that bit about pac-man, but it's his signature. lol.

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea, heh, but considering he's around my age and his collection is quite expensive, impressive.

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Your dad getting you it? Maybe thats why you have such nice stuff.. you dont pay for it?

16. Well my DLA(disability living allowance) pays for some of it(I have ADD by the way).

17. Yes, I hate P-basses, so I'd sell it or burn it, one or the other. :spit:

18. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    You recieve Disability payments because you have ADD?

19. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    yea , really? My friend has ADD and doesnt..

Does one of your parents have DLA and you get some of it?

20. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Gotta love the English system. My uncle lives there and has never had to work a day in his life because he knows how to connive payments from the government.

P.S. Nickthebassist, threatening to burn a '51 P is a criminal offense (or should be).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.