What a great Bass:Neuser!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Amoilbasso, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Do you american folks know this european bass?
    I've tryed 3 or 4 at the Frankfurt Musikmesse last week,and I found them simply Fantastic.
    They are also good deals:2600 Euros for a Cloudburst(top of the line) 5 string.

They are a nice blend of classic tones and modern ones.Great electronic that allowes to go from classic Fenderish tones,to alembic-like ones.Great Low B.Great playability.

I've to say I've tryed only the Hi-end ones,while some guys here in Italy didn't like the other ones.
  2. Disclaimer: I know, I'm not American and probably shouldn't post a reply in this thread, but I'll do it anyway. Can't keep out of a thread about Neusers. Impossible.

Yes. Neusers are great, hand made, yet affordable, basses. Actually, I've never seen a more well made bass than the Cloudburst 4 I tried out a couple of months ago. But I must also say that the "lower end", i e bolt on-ones, are just as well made, and very playable.
    I actuallly see a Neuser somewhere in my future. Perhaps a C-Club passive with the new fretless emulating bridge - did you try, or hear, a bass equipped with it at the Messe, BTW? If so, how was it? Convincing? - on it, or a Crusade, just like this one:
    Mmm... flamed maple...
  3. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    i'm american....but i've heard about them...sort of. I havent played one or heard one, but I hear they are pretty good.

That one there looks kinda Ibanez-ish with the body shape and all..........and location of output jack....

Sometime I want to go to musicmesse and try out all those great european bass related things.
  4. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I've played something similar like the one pictured there... Didn't bother to plug it in though, since it wasn't very playable for me. Might have to go back and try it out!
  5. I think it looks more like an anorexic G&L than an Ibanez myself, but that's just me.
    BTW, I really think a lot of Neusers need a slightly redesigned body shape. The one above, for example, would look better if it was a bit rounder, and not as pointy.
  6. TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    I've played quite a bit on an early 90's Courage 5 string with Bartolinis and bubinga top. It is easily the most playable bass I've tried. The natural sound of that instrument is a bit compressed. It has very tight low end which is great for live playing. For recording the mids are too complex, it gets buried in the mix.
  7. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    My experience with Neuser is that I didn't like the fingerstyle tone that much - bit too polite for my rock tastes, jazzers would probably appriciate it - but they slap extremely well. Even with my poor technique, the tone is crystal clear.