What a great day I've had! (Not for weak stomachs!)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Trevorus, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I had quite a day. I was working on getting the nut off a guitar I was repairing. I used an exacto knife to separate the glue, and the blade got stuck. Then I pulle dit out by the handle, and the blade stayed in the guitar. Then I grabbed the headstock, and pulled out the blade. It sliced the knuckle on my thumb. And boy it hurt. Bled like crazy, too!! I went to the emergency room, and waited for 3 hours to get any REAL help. Then the doctor came in, and shot a bunch of lidocaine in the sore. WOW, THAT WAS PAIN! It swelled up huge. then it numbed, and then he went to work on it. He cleaned it, prodded it, and found out that I hit bone. I damaged the tendon. Actually cut it. So I might have to get permanent stitches in the tendon. But luckily it was the extensor tendon, and it doesn't require a whole lot of strength. Also, i have a splint on, and i can actually still play bass with it! I'm happy! That I can still play, at least.
  2. herrera

Feb 15, 2002
    that sound almost as bad like the time

i just bought my warwick 6 string broadneck

man that was an amazin bass

i just have with it like 30 seconds and as i dindt have an amp i didnt play it as muchas i wanted to. So i went outside to play basketball with my brother (you can imagine what happend nexte...) and then he throw me the ball so damn hard ... i mean ..you dont know how strong is your brother until he throw a ball of basketbaall to your THUMB (finger) and it destroys the tendons and now you have to pull it each time you go and play or each itme you have to do something

they need to infiltrate (with an needle) and imagine that! the liquid doesnt go anywhere and each ml that goes throght the finger implies MAJOR PAIN

all that in 4 months that i couldnt play my bass THE NEW ONE!!!!!!!
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    well, it is on my fretting hand, but luckily, the way that my thumb s in the splint, I can still play bass or guitar. I work at a guitar store, so I have to be able to play. But I still have a permanent thumbs up.