1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What a great forum!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Lichtaffen, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I'm a photographer by trade. I've always enjoyed camera forums and all the great information I've gathered from them. The other day I was wondering if there was a forum for bass guitar, sure enough I found this one. After trolling for a few days, I decided to join. I look forward to some great exchanges of ideas and information with y'all in the years to come.

I was a guitarist for 20 years and last year I was asked to play bass for a singer/songwriter friend's band. I've always owned a Fender Mexican Jazz bass that I've messed around with and I bought a GK 210 combo and learned 18 songs that he had recorded. Two months later I'm playing live at one of the biggest venues in town. I was forced to learn the instrument quickly and write bass lines for songs I've heard him play solo and on his recordings. I'm not a great bass player by any means, but people were quite surprised I had only been playing for a few months. I played quite a few shows with him over the next year before we parted ways due to creative differences (haha). It was a great experience and the greatest thing I gained from it all was that I fell in love with the bass guitar. I bought a Music Man Stingray and it's inspired me to work harder and force myself to learn more.

Where I'm at now is I want to improve as much as possible on this instrument and learn how to play it better. My main influences are Paul McCartney, George Porter Jr., Donald Duck Dunn and James Jamerson. I'm learning to read bass clef and want to learn to play jazz bass. Hopefully, I can find another band soon to collaborate with. Maybe a Booker T. and the MG's tribute band.

Cheers,
    Ara Ghajanian

2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Welcome! I'm not the official greeter, but I play one on TV. :D