What a Jam Session!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FunkyLemz, Feb 6, 2006.

1. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, I went on craigslist and met a few guys to jam with and wow!!! I went to the place they play and it was sick. Full 2-story garage/studio. There are 4 rooms - one for the mixing/editing/engineering - 36 channel mixer and the works
    The next room has a kitchen, lounge, and a very laid back atmosphere.
    The third room is upstairs - a chillin room with purple couches, which has a railing looking down at the band jammin.
    Bringing me to the coolest room of all the jam room. It's a very large, cool space with 2 levels and window view to the editing room. It has all the hookups for direct recording and almost every note we play when jammin is recorded. - :hyper:

The 2 other band members are more than twice my age, but they can sure play (at least the guitarist).
    The best part of all is that we just jam and jam for hours straight. We create some really smooth grooves and everything seems to flow. We have only played twice, but we seem pretty tight so far. Our only problem (at least I think so), is that the drummer uses the same fills over and over again. I actually need to say something to him soon, but I need some advice as to how to approach him and what points I should bring up. We could really use some more diversity in the jams, but so far so good.
    Thanks in advance,

I also noticed that I have developed a very reggae influenced playing style and it's been a month and a half off of bass. Has this ever happened to anyone else? - Recognizing that they play a style of music that they rarely listen to after some time off from bass/or any break in playing/switching instruments, etc...
  2. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I left out one of the best parts, I get the chance to crank my new bass goodies out. The best setup Ive used so far is my Aguilar DB 750 with a Schroeder 1212 on top of my Whappo Jr. This rig is just plain nasty with my stingray. I just got a Mutron III+ and that adds a lot of funkiness to the mega rig.