Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What a load of bullcrap!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Limo, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    ...what kind of madman could have possibly come up with that? That was amusing and infuriating at the same time! Photo-Flame finishes blow, it's a cheap manufacturing trick!

I hope no poor bastard actually swallows that story and bids...

2. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    LOL. I saw that this afternoon too.

3. fourstring44

fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    From what I understand this is true. I have heard this many times as well as seen many photo flames with the hamburglar in the finish.

4. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Yeah, but all that crap about it being the greatest instrument ever built, and having amazing tone, and all that crap, is ridiculous.

5. Yeah, but at present it looks like a decent bass for $250... And it has a creepy face on the neck! I would have to agree; I am not a huge fan of photo-flame.

6. From what I understand, since all the Foto-Flame finishes are the same, it's just a coinedence that there is a "face" in the flame, but its on all of them since the Foto-Flame is the same.

Crock of BS to me.

7. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Looks more like Ninja Turtle to me.

8. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    From what I understand, the face was taken out of the pattern pretty soon after it was noticed. I think it's sorta neat, almost a limited edition run of sorts.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

And that is the bottom line. The bass is a good value for the asking price. And yes, every one of those with the foto flame neck has the hamburgler image.

10. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Oh the possibilities! Is there an Ibanez "Garfield" bass? Perhaps a Gibson "Geico gecko" special...

11. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    or perhaps even more boutique editions such as the Alembic Hobbes bass or the Ken Smith "Jason Fox" limited edition bass.

12. oh...my...god

13. thlayli

thlayli

May 8, 2005
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Wouldn't it be a Warmoth Geico Gecko?

14. The grain on my bass has the smurf village in it but you have to look at it just right and only during sunsets and sunrises when the light is just so. If you're lucky you can see smurfette taking a shower!

:bag:

15. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The Hamburglar pattern is real.

16. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...listen, I've got a C3PO Star Wars card from the 70's that shows him with a gold bona! Basically same "story" as this ones, mines real & probably worth more, whatever...

~S~

17. ...now i have never heard anything about this before, but i'd have to see more like it to believe that this is real. doubtful though.

18. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    @getlow,

...regarding: In reference to?...

~S~

19. mrphattay

mrphattay Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Betcha it goes to McEleven !