Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What a sad day!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by drd07, Apr 16, 2003.

1. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    I just got my jack casady hollow body. I've been dreaming of this bass for awhile. However, I don't think that I will be able to keep her:mad:. I'm too used to a 5 string bass. Does anybody make a hollowbody guitar that looks like the jack casady in a 5 string? AAARRRRGGHHH!

2. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    That is probably the best idea, but I'm impatient. Do you have one? Are you a 5 string player too?

3. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    ...who are you talking to?

4. now that is funny!!

5. Perhaps someone deleted a post?

Geoff

6. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I think thats a cool idea as long as you get fair value for your trade in. I myself am a four-stringer forever.:)

7. I'm not sure. It might be that the strings are old. You mentioned the bridge thing, how did that turn out?

;)

8. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I might add that its a little crazy to trade in a Jack Casady(good value)for a Jack Cassidy(crap!). :)

9. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    Actually someone had a post and must have deleted it. It is pretty funny!

10. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    ...actually maybe I will keep it. I might have to play higher up though

11. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    When I first read this, I thougt that either someone deleted their post, or you are crazy.

12. ...yup, that was me! I had suggested giving the instrument a little time to grow on him (because I consider it being a great bass), but then I thought it wasn't really my business and deleted the post - I'm sorry for making drd07 look like he's talking to an imaginary friend and I'd like to apologise for the confusion @ everyone

13. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    this is the Twilight Zone thread...:D

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, i know, but then she said to me that she thought that the jack cassady had a much better bottom end than the other one, and you know how much i love it when she's talking bottom end. :cool:

15. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Back to topic, I believe Lakland will be coming out with a 5-string USA hollowbody to be followed by a Skyline version sometime next year.

16. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    After playing with the Casady for awhile, I'm beginning to wonder about the point of the 5 string...:)

17. "Yay!" for you! @ drd07 ;)