1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What a sad day!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by drd07, Apr 16, 2003.

1. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    I just got my jack casady hollow body. I've been dreaming of this bass for awhile. However, I don't think that I will be able to keep her:mad:. I'm too used to a 5 string bass. Does anybody make a hollowbody guitar that looks like the jack casady in a 5 string? AAARRRRGGHHH!

2. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    That is probably the best idea, but I'm impatient. Do you have one? Are you a 5 string player too?

3. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    ...who are you talking to?

4. now that is funny!!

5. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

Perhaps someone deleted a post?

Geoff

6. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I think thats a cool idea as long as you get fair value for your trade in. I myself am a four-stringer forever.:)

7. I'm not sure. It might be that the strings are old. You mentioned the bridge thing, how did that turn out?

;)

8. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I might add that its a little crazy to trade in a Jack Casady(good value)for a Jack Cassidy(crap!). :)

9. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    Actually someone had a post and must have deleted it. It is pretty funny!

10. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    ...actually maybe I will keep it. I might have to play higher up though

11. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    When I first read this, I thougt that either someone deleted their post, or you are crazy.

12. ...yup, that was me! I had suggested giving the instrument a little time to grow on him (because I consider it being a great bass), but then I thought it wasn't really my business and deleted the post - I'm sorry for making drd07 look like he's talking to an imaginary friend and I'd like to apologise for the confusion @ everyone

13. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    this is the Twilight Zone thread...:D

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, i know, but then she said to me that she thought that the jack cassady had a much better bottom end than the other one, and you know how much i love it when she's talking bottom end. :cool:

15. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Back to topic, I believe Lakland will be coming out with a 5-string USA hollowbody to be followed by a Skyline version sometime next year.

16. drd07

drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    After playing with the Casady for awhile, I'm beginning to wonder about the point of the 5 string...:)

17. "Yay!" for you! @ drd07 ;)