Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What a week!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Aug 14, 2003.

1. man, insane week

first full week of school

we had a bombthreat at school yesterday

i was also nominated by my fellow seniors for "most talented" its down to me and a kid who draws, wish me luck!!!

now these power outages

and i have a ton of homework and girl problems right now (well, more "i cant make up my mind about which girl to date" problems)

what next!

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    P or J?

:D :rolleyes:

3. both please :D

hopefully the next thing will be i win the most talented superlative! mmmmm that would be cool, id get to show of my bass playin at the senior assembly :D

4. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    sounds like fun...congrats dude.

I got most popular in HS..it was fun..for a few days.

what are you going to play if you get to go up in front of the school?

5. i dunno, ive been working on writing a lil tapping song lately and its starting to sound pretty cool, and everyone ive played it for so far is amazed, so maybe its a good choice.

then again, ill think about that if/when i get it.

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I would trade having all these bills and responsibilities to be in high school again.

:D

7. We had one of them in 7th grade. 2 periods before school got out and me and my friend had to take like a major leak and our teacher told us to go to the porta-pottie and it was locked and so she told us to go behind the shed, LoL.

edit: Did I happen to mention that the student that made it was just trying to get out of homework ;) Sad huh? He got expelled for doing that too.

8. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I used to get bomb threats all the time when I was in middle school.....often on rainy days too....never scary at all, just annoying unless the weather was nice.

9. Yeah, me too. But never happens, RI is too boring for something like that to be pulled off.

Plus the kids here are too dumb to make bombs anyways.

10. i think i can top that week, lol, wednesday night, my car was stolen, yesterday, i was on my way to a graduation party when the power went out, and a 30min drive took me 2.5 hours, each of these days i've had to work by the way, today, my car was found, it was found fleeing the scene of an attempted armed robbery, chased about 4 miles and was then in a head on collision, and on top of all that, today i found out one of my best friends is sleeping with my ex g/f, how's that for a week

11. haha...

the schools that I went to never got any bombthreat of any kind.

i wonder what it'd be like if there was one this year.

Do they like evacuate? or what?
    hide under desks?haha

-Jon:oops:

12. When it happened at my school they moved us all out onto the field and made us sit there for 2 periods while the cops w/ the K-9 unit searched the ENTIRE school :D Even ALL the lockers!

You win man! That is one wacked out week! Must be hard with all that happen man. Sorry.

13. yeah thats what we do too. but it kinda sucked this time because here we are 1700 students and about 200 staff people sittin in on a soccer field at about 2 pm and it was about 95 degrees and the sun was blaring... lots of tempers flaring, i was anticipating a riot. especially when they shut the gates and locked us in when the bell to leave school rang :mad:

14. Heh, yeah man. Another funny thing about that day was that it happened on Friday the 13th and 13minutes past 2 and I had to ride bus route 13 home:eek: !