What about Preamps?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by octa colombo, Oct 4, 2017.

1. octa colombo

octa colombo

Dec 22, 2014
    Argentina
    So, I'm planning to bring to life an old Squier jaguar PJ active bass I found. I've got everything planned but the preamp... I don't know what kind of preamp I should get, the bass has 4 knobs, 1 for the p pup volume, another one for the jazz pup volume, a boost and a master tone (that's just my guess). so, can any of you guys help me pick the right preamp?

2. You haven't specified any preferences. What are you looking for in a preamp?

3. octa colombo

octa colombo

Dec 22, 2014
    Argentina
    well, that's the thing, I've always used passive bases, no active preamps, no boosts, nothing. what I can tell you is that I'm getting the Seymour Duncan Spb-1 and Sjb-1 for this bass, so maybe sth to compliment that sound, i play a bit of everything, mostly rock, metal and funk, sometimes jazz so versatility is key here.

Zoobiedood likes this.
  4. It sounds like you don't need a preamp at all, then.

If you don't have a clear picture of what you need, then you probably won't get good results from whatever you wind up with.

5. Loring

Loring

May 4, 2017
    Ontario
    delano x pure - keep your passive sound with a bit more oomph going to the amp...

octa colombo likes this.