Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what about the Ibanez SG800 !urgent!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by optic, Nov 18, 2002.

1. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    Hey guys
    New on the board and stuff

anyway, Im planning to buy the Ibanez SG800 if im lucky...
    what do u guys think about it?
    Likes?
    Dislikes?

Gimme some respons and Ill be happy as a puppy

2. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    The soundgear SR800 is one of my favorite basses.
    I don't recommend any soundgears below the 800 though.

The smaller size (compared to a p-bass) fits me a lot better. Not just with the neck, but also the body. It's doesn't feel like I have a big block of wood on my stomach and chest.

The only thing I don't like about it is the active electronics. They're not to bad, but I prefer passive pickups.

BTW: I don't think there are too many soundgear or ibanez fans here...you'll probably get a lot of "buy a fender jazz bass instead". ;)

3. optic

optic

Nov 18, 2002
    Sweden
    thanx dude!!!
    hah, I dont even like the fenders so it dont even matter :)

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Make sure to play it and compare it to as many basses as you can. Try to play it through an amp that is similiar to the one have all ready.

5. Flea 1

Flea 1

Nov 16, 2002
    I have a SR 800 its a good bass i like it. The active pick-ups give you a bigger range in sound that you can use. It all depends on what you like, play lots of diferent basses and compare them to the Ibanze it should give you a good idea about whats best for you:)

6. ruthallyn

ruthallyn

Jun 28, 2013
    I have been playing the Ibanez SG800 for almost 20 years. It is a great bass; however they are hard to find because they don't make that one anymore! Another great bass is the Carvin XB76P. It has just as good of a feel as the Ibanez SG800.