Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what about this 6?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Si-bob, Sep 11, 2001.

1. what do people think of this 6
    its a DeArmond Pilot Delux 6
    its going at $360 in a sale, wondered if it was worth lookin at?

cheers
    *Si*

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Wow, I didn't know DeArmond ever made a six! I have 2 DeArmond basses, a Pilot Plus V and a Starfire. They are both nice basses. I think the price is quite good. But be advised that DeArmond probably will soon be no more. It looks VERY likely that Fender is dropping the whole line though some models may reappear as Mexican made basses or maybe Squiers.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, at 360, I'd say go for it. If you don't like 6s, then you can not be out hella much. But, if you do infact like the sixers, you'll at least have something to tide you over.

Go for it.

4. bobaweeka

bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yes
    Yep, and if you don't like it, you could probably sell it for more than it's worth on Ebay.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    true. Plus, if DeArmond does go under liek MJB said, you could sell it on e-bay as "Limited Edition DeArmond"...well, because the number of basses is now limited. Nevermind that there are hundreds, after, that's the way advertising works, right?

6. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    YES!... it's a really good instrment for the price. I've tried both the ash and mahogany version and i can honestly said that i'd consider them if i didn't already have a BTB 406 and a TRB6...

tho it's easy to see why there so cheap, the electronic is far from top notch (good no the less), the woods apperance doesn't seem to be a big consern... but all in all, it's a bargain!

7. In the words of Ren, "I think I'm going to be sick". I hate to say that about a bass but uck what a dog, it has a pretty decent tone though not very playable its tight but unfamiliar in feel.