1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What about this cab?...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by andres3195, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Hey guys. I want to know if any of you know anything about this cab. Is it a good cab? Is it just an okay cab? Any experiences with it or any other Laney cab?

This one's made in England, apparently from 1993.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ThisBass

ThisBass

Aug 29, 2012
    Germany
    Played this cab for two or three seasons with my SVT. Pretty good efficience (SPL) and punchy sound.
    Total sound might be improved with some filling to the inside I never did. In the 90's this cab was a lot of sound for the bugs.

Althogh the power rating is about 200 Watt I had never any "overpowering" issues even with my svt on loud stage.
    IIRC the speakers loaded are made by Fane (England)

edit,
    the cab was considered as budget version of the TE410 of same timeline.
    However the sound of the Laney 410 was way more punchy than the TE410
    Although poorly 200 watt rating the mechanical power handling was way more robust than the TE410 could take at same loudness.

Thanks for posting the pic that reminds me on "good old times"

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  3. Thank you for your answer!
    So... i guess you'd recommend it, right? I don't know if i should buy this Laney (used, obviously), a new Eden Ex410 or a Hartke 410xl. I still didn't have the chance to try them out, and i'm getting a little anxious so i'm asking you haha. Cheers!

PS: You said this Laney cab's power rating is 200 watt. Isn't it 400w? At least that indicates the second pic i posted originally

4. ThisBass

ThisBass

Aug 29, 2012
    Germany
    If you are looking for a sound that is more similar to EVM series drivers than the Laney cab might be your deal.
    Can't say anything about the Eden