what about this neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Jun 2, 2004.

1. I think it's a good old-style vintage-y neck. Allparts is Fender-licenced in re: to their headstocks, and they make a nice, albeit overpriced neck. The price isn't too bad.
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I think this has been said enough in your past posts, but here it goes.. WARMOTH.
  3. i know warmoth is probably a better choce but i really need a neck now and i can spend a huge amount of money on a neck!
  4. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    All Parts can be hit-or-miss. Like I've said in many of your threads, I have one and I like it a lot. It's perfectly set up, and I think it's really top-notch, but I'm sure the company has made some lemons. I got to inspect my neck before I decided to get it. You don't really have that advantage, so just be careful.

At least you're not still considering Mighty Mite. :p
  5. yea. so i guess allparts is alot better than mighty mite it looks a lot better and it looks like it has a vintage vibe to it in the picture.
  6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I have an Allparts balck block neck on my Jazz Bass and, although it is well made, it is a thick neck - too thick for my tastes.

I do not know if this is specific to my specific model, but I figured I'd toss that out there.
  7. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    But it's got 21 frets, whereas a Fender bass only has 20 frets, so I'm wondering if it's going to fit right and if the bass is going to intonate properly.
  8. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    the 21st fret overhangs the pickguard, so it'll be fine
  9. well if you didnt already know i am 15 and obviosly cant buy the neck by myself, i wasnt realy thinking and i pushed the buy it now button and well it says i i bout the item so. my dad says that either i can spend all me money that i have or i can tell the guy that a made a mystake and i wont pay for it. should i buy it or should i not? i think im going tom get it
  10. Oh you were thinking alright. You were thinking that your dad would bail you out and you pressed that button to take the chance! I'm the father of a 16 year old and this smells as bad as his bedroom. :eyebrow:

You are morally obligated to purchase the item as you agreed when you pressed the button. Buy it, and take this as a lesson. You sometimes get what you ask for. :rollno:
  11. yea i guys i will just buy it. i tlooks like a pretty cool neck anyways. its got a cool vinatge tint to it or atleast it looks like it. and it dosnt have the screw holes and it also dosnt have a nut, so it hasnt been used. how much does it cost to get a nut installed?
  12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    To buy the nut, have it filed, and installed? I'd say $30 CAD. Convert that to whatever crazy currency it is that you use.
  13. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    All I can say is, buying crap off Ebay can be hit or miss... I refuse to buy anything that is supposed to provide touch, or feel to my playing. By that I mean, an instrument, or even parts of an instrument... You never know if some OTHER 15 year old bought it, & then ruined it...

Electronics, if that's scratch & dent, I don't care... All it needs to do is work properly...