Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What about this??!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by White_rabbit, Jan 5, 2005.

1. White_rabbit

White_rabbit

Jan 3, 2005
    Hello everyone!!

I'm using an SVT350h + Svt 410HLF and I'm very happy with it. But My head is 350 watts and the cab can handle 500watts continuous and 1000 watts peak...
    I'm getting a great sound of it but I'm worryed with the problem of damaging the speakers....
    Other way, the sound is to cool but it seems that could be much loud... it's not loud enough..

What did you say about that? :meh:

I'm thinking of buying another head. What did you thing best pairs this "little big" cab??

Please answer meeeeeeeee.... :help:

2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
  3. Your cabinet isn't going to damage the head. the head shouldn't damage the cab (unless you crank the head full volume and turn the bass EQ up).

The cab can handle 500 watts. That doesn't mean it's going to make the amp try to put out 500 watts. Suppose you're going to hang somebody and he weighs 200 lbs. The rope you're going to use can handle 300 lbs. No problem, the rope won't break. The poor guy--the hangee--isn't going to suddenly weigh 300 lbs just because the rope can handle 300 lbs.

Read the Ohms FAQ thread...I suspect your cabinet may be 8 ohms. In that case the amp is only going to be putting out around 200 watts. Your amp will deliver 350 watts into 4 ohms...so adding a second 8 ohm cab cab will give you a ton more volume!! You don't need another head, you need a second cab.

4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    The SVT-410HLF cab is 4 ohms.

5. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Ain't heard it quite put like that. I give you props for that analogy. Rock on.. :p

6. oyvind2305

oyvind2305

Dec 3, 2004
    Norway
    I use the svt350h with two SVT15`s stacked and always feel plenty loud for any setting I am likely to play. Also use the balanced out into PA. If your thing is 10`s try a SVT810 before you decide to swap.

Ø.

7. Hmm, if your cab is indeed 4 ohms, that settles that...unless that amp goes down to 2 ohms, I don't know it's ratings.

I've never heard anybody complain about the 350H lacking in power, you guys must be awfully loud!!!

8. White_rabbit

White_rabbit

Jan 3, 2005
    Thanks to you all!!!

I've already resolved my problem!!!!!!!!!
    The cable that was connecting Head/Cab was my problem...
    It seem that it was making bad contact...

I'm feeling much better now... LOUD and LOW :D