Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What about Warwick Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jère, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Hello (man I've been in this forum two years ago, it's simply ten times bigger now) !

In fact I'm considering buying new amp gear (maybe a swr pro series 350 with that goliath jr 2*10 cabinet). I've been seeing that Warwick offers pretty amps too. That Pro Tube IV amp features a dual tube preamp (1 tube for the SWR), 400 W under 4 ohms, 8-band EQ etc... for the same price as the SWR (10 % cheaper in Germany in fact)

"you won't replace that SWR tone", you may say, but as this Warwick thang offers more features and a bit more power than the SWR, the hesitation is possible.

What's your opinion ?

Jere (french guy actually in Germany)

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey guy ive played several of there amps and loved them! They have great thump and you can change the sound so much on them! Id give them a try for real!

3. Thanx for the answer. In fact their amps are really complete, unlike the SWR which is a bit more "simple". My big interrogation is about the tone...

On this point, what do you think of the comparison with other famous manufacturers (SWR, EDEN or AMPEG for example) ?

I didn't have the possibility to really point a noticeable difference at the shop (not my bass, not a big volume, this salesguy who was always talking...).

4. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I haven't had the privilage to play on a Warwick amp, but I've heard they are really good amps. The bassist from Kittie uses them or used them, which gives them more credit.

5. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    I heard Warwick amps are made in China, I imported some but I didnot like the sound.

6. They're made in China ? Ok I understand the low pricing now...

7. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    There cabs remind me of 2 other cabs out there! Kinda a combo of a hartke and a swr goliath! Very powerfull and lots of diff sounds! Very bright but still holds a great thump!

8. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    No, Warwick is not at th same league as SWR, the owner of Warwwick , Mr Wilfer swore for the quality, but when some Combo arrived and I made A/B with SWR I was really disappointed and felt been decieved.

9. It's commonplace these days for electronic products to be made under license in China. For example, Behringer mixers, Peavey amps etc.

10. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Hey Jere! Long time no see. I remember when you used to be a moderator. Ahh the good ol' days :)

11. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    No, Warwick is not at th same league as SWR, the owner of Warwwick , Mr Wilfer swore for the quality, but when some Combo arrived and I made A/B with SWR I was really disappointed and felt been decieved.

Didnt say they were in the same league as swr! Just said it reminded me of those two amps!