What ado about my Eden WT-300...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brendan, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, I'm beginning to hate this box with a passion. Having been in a metal band most of the time, I wasn't too inclined to worry about tone, but even then I wasn't that happy. Now that I'm not in a band I'm starting to despise it...

But, it's kinda go a boo-boo. The Treble pot (right next to the volume) had the shaft sheared right off by my guitarists mom.

Now, should I send it to Eden for a fix? And with the buyout, COULD I?
    SHould I find a local guy and pray? I mean, if he screws it up, I'm out a head, period...

Should I spend the money to get it fixed? Or just sell as is? If I'm selling it broken, do you think I'd lose more than it would cost to fix it? If I did fix it, would I see that money in the sale?

Should I use Shampoo, or the Shampoo/Conditioner combo?

I'm thinkin I should just get the thing fixed, but then I'd be out an amp for what, up to a month? Maybe more?
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Eden still does the same work and honors the same waranties they did before the buyout. Or at least thats what they say.

I havent actually heard any reports suggetsing one way or the other for a while.

3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    1) It's just the pot...but it's soldered to a circut board. Which makes me worry.

2) Bass Central. Duh.

3) The number after two.
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    So long as you are not terribly concerned about maintaining your warranty, I'd just take it to a local tech.

Once when I was cleaning out my rack, I accidentally dropped my Eden Navigator preamp about 4 feet to the floor. No outside damage, but it wouldn't power up. An internal look-see showed that the transformer had become totally ripped off the circuitboard. I took it to a local tech, and had it back in a day, with only a small repair bill. Glad I didn't send it out to Eden.

Replacing a broken pot should be a fix any competent local tech can achieve.
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Don't have such a thing. This bad boy was a pawn shop deal. (Got it, and a 410XLT for 950, including tax)
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I dunno about Eden at the moment. I had a question regarding the horns on their Eden and Nemisis cabs. I didn't get any replies to my post on TB so I sent them an email which would probably lead to the sale of some bits. No response...... They'll bounce back but there are signs that all is not well for now.

I can see it being much less painful if you go to a local repairer.

What exactly did your guitarists mum do to it?
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I can't believe that a post containing these statements is getting serious replies!! ;)
  8. sell it to me for 50 bucks, i'll take it off your hands if you dont like it that much ;) ;)
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That I get any serious replies still amazes me.