Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what albums have stu zender??~??

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Impulsee, Aug 23, 2003.

1. i was just looking, i ahve no idea when stu zender left jamiroquai..which albums is he on??~?? which was his last??~??

- w00t

2. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Stuart Zender plays on the first three Jamiroquai albums: 'Emergency On Planet Earth', 'Return Of The Space Cowboy' and 'Travelling Without Moving'.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    He's also on one Lauren Hill song (Final Hour), and plays bass and guitar on Omar's "Best By Far" CD, and he's played on some old Mica Paris tunes. Oh, and he play on his wife Melanie's (ex All Saints)project as well.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well David is right in terms of which bass lines survived...but the story is that he played on the 4th album as well, but Jay wiped all his lines off the release, after they 'disagreed'! :meh:

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Jay still has the material, but he won't release it. I've heard 3 of the tracks, and they are nice.

6. :eek:

Woodchuck, you heard three of the Stu Zender Synchronized tracks??? What the ....!?!?
    How? Where?? How much did it cost??? We have the right to know!

EZ

7. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    So did they have other tracks for Synkronized, with Zender on, that didn't get released, or did they just have to wipe his bass lines from tracks that did make it onto the album?

The way I heard it was not that Jay refused to use what they did with Zender, but rather because of Zender's leaving, they *had* to ditch what they'd already done with him (so I assumed it was Stu himself saying - no, you can't use my tracks).

But I could be completely wrong on that.

And why did Zender leave anyway?

WC, can you enlighten us? ;)

8. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I too would love to know who you managed to get hold of these Jamiroquai/Azur recordings Woodchuck! :D

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I can't say, honestly. As for the Synchro tracks, they had to record all new songs. Jay did the new tracks because Stu had written some of the songs, and he didn't want Stu to prosper from the new album. The original tracks were not erased, just put away. Stu left because he felt he wasn't getting paid for what he was doing. On a side note, Toby (keys) also left to spend more time with his family, but a month later he was playing for another artist. Hmmmm.

10. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Wow. Seems harsh. I guess Jay and Stu didn't part on good terms?

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Not at all, but they're friendly towards each other now.

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

He was right then!! :meh:

13. i love stu zender, i wish there was a website about him or something. all i can find out is that..hes in jamiroquai..and is an amazing bass player...hmm

- w00t

14. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Here's the site for all of you Zender fan's.
    http://www.bassmaster.co.uk/