What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by QUSP, Oct 10, 2002.

1. QUSP

Aug 8, 2002
    Hercules, CA
    I have an Eden WT-800 that I use with the Eden 410XLT cab. I run it bridged mono (since the cab is 8 ohms) using banana plugs. My master volume is at about 10 o'clock while my gain is between 12 and 1 o'clock. I do press in the input pad so I wont kill my amp. Im not getting the full power that I'm lookin for. Are there any other ajdustments I should be making? Will bi-amping come into play in this situation. All views and opinions welcome.
  2. Bi-amping will do nothing with only one cab.

Does the 800 bridge to full power at 8 ohms or 4 ohms?

Also is your bass active or passive? With a passive bass you shouldn't be using the input pad button.
  3. QUSP

Aug 8, 2002
    Hercules, CA
    800 bridges full power @ 8 ohms. The bass/basses are active.
  4. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    A few questions:

Does the master volume go above 10 o'clock?

Does the gain go above 12 to 1 o'clock?

Does the input pad disengage?

If any one of those is a "yes," try doing that; if more than one, try various combinations. You may find that your rig becomes considerably louder.
  5. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    Definitely try playing without the input pad engaged. I've seen some active basses that really don't put out enough voltage for some preamps to need the pad pushed in (don't have personal experience with your setup though). The worst that will happen (assuming your master volume on the amp isn't cranked), is that it will sound like crap and the clipping light on your preamp will come on, which won't damage your amp or speakers. All it will mean is that the preamp is clipping your input signal because it's too powerful. If the light does come on, then you need the pad on. If the light does not come on while doing some normal playing, then you don't need the input pad on.
  6. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    usually the input pad or active input on others is for a really hot signal. really hot 9 volt preamps and 18 volt preamps. try it with out and see how it works........ could be your EQ settings too.