Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What am i going to do with 40...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, Aug 22, 2003.

1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Eyebrow rings(barbells)? I just won a lot of 40 of them on ebay for 15 bucks. Thats less than the price of one at the mall. Im thinking "sell them each for $10(maybe $8) a piece." Theyre even assorted cool colors! Good ol ebay!

2. too bad I don't have my eyebrow pierced,

3. Why did u bid on them?

I guess i was the same, the first ever time i tried Ebay i thought "bid on something cheap in case i get ripped off". So i won a webcam. What the hell am i to do with a webcam?

Shoosh you lot. :p

:D:D

Merls

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I remember the MIT study which proved eBay was a rip-off - they funded the survey by buying webcams and then selling them on eBay for more than retail!!

I can now see how they did it! ;)

5. Oh for sure. hehe only cost me $30....

Bargain? riight.

:D:D

Merls

6. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Well, since i have my eyebrow pierced, its not really a rip off. I needed a new one, at the mall they are 17 bucks a piece. I got 40 of them for 15 bucks. thats less than the price of one from the mall.:D

7. I pierced my Belly Buttom myself two weeks ago and could have done with a decent ring. I took it out anyway coz I was going on holiday with a friend and didn't want to risk it getting infected whilst I was there.
    Pircings Rule!:bassist:
    SCODI

8. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    My suggestion: Take advantage of the capitalistic structure of our society. :D

Sell them for 10 dollars and that's a 385 dollar profit.

9. FuturePrimitive

FuturePrimitive Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Rochester, NY
    I clicked on this thread expecting to see "... subscriptions to Vibe?" :D :D

If you don't get it go watch Office Space again.

10. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    What are they made out of, are you sure their 'safe' according to guidlines?

Anyway, don't sell them at your mall, I'm betting it's illegal for more than one reason including selling without a license,not to mention any blame you may get if it causes an infection :(

Anyway, sell them back on ebay only in sets of 2 or something and see how it goes.

11. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Theyre surgical steel. If you get an infection from one its because you didnt cleanit properly before putting it in. I wouldnt think it would be illegal to sell them....

12. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I've seen a few people come into my store w/infected body jewelry. It didn't look good. I'm sure you know this ,but make sure they are either factory sealed or that you can sterilize them ASAP.

Be careful with reselling-people will blame you if they break, get infected, don't fit etc. It's amazing that people think that a store associate can do the following: magically get their tongue, belly button etc to get infected, Change the price :rolleyes: , and that we know exactly what gauge something is even after you say "I'm not sure, i don't usually deal with body jewels". End of that rant :D

On the other hand, I'd probably try and resell them at a profit since you got 40 of them @ $15 total, keep 5 and resell the rest @ $10-15 and take the money and get lessons for a bit or something else :D That's all.