1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What am i looking for?! Peavey Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Din Of Win, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Okay... so after hearing this bass a few months ago, i've been MEGA gas-ing for one...

It's the slanty-pup peavey bass... however, i am having a hard time searching for it as it's aesthetic has been labeled as both a Peavey Fury (which i thought was a Pbass copy) and a T-20...

So, which is which and what's the difference??? :confused:

2. The T-20 had a slant Super Ferrite pup.. i am pretty sure a Fury is a regular P pup

3. I've also been told the early version of the Fury had the slanty pup... hence the confusion.

4. So i guess i'm also wondering if the t-20 turned INTO the Fury after a while??!

5. brett7276

brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    T-20 is what you want. I had one as my first bass..still have it 30 years later...strung with flats its my maximum thump bass.

6. oldrookie

oldrookie

May 15, 2007
    Avon, IN
    These guys have a T-20 (or did last week when I was there) http://brownsburgguitar.com/

No connection with them. They were asking $280. I didn't play it and have no idea what shape the electronics are in.

7. :confused::crying::confused::crying:

8. There is a nice T-20 on EvilBay for $250 shipped.

9. Right on... haha that's what lead me to asking this in the first place.

Since i dont have the $$$ right now, i wanted to know what was the difference so when i DO have the $$$ i know what i am looking for...

10. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    The first version of the Fury and the T-20 are, but for cosmetic changes, the same bass.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Is it just the color or does the bass on the right look rounder?

12. As smcd showed you the T-20 and first series of Fury are essentially the same. The T-20 was the entry level Peavey bass during the early 80's and shared its body shape and contours with the T-40. Around '83 it was replaced by the first series Fury. This shared the pickup configuration with the T-20, but now came with a black guard and contours closer to the Foundation with which it shared the new trapezoid bridge. It also moved up a level as the Patriot was introduced just below it on the price list. The Patriot had a single superferite pickup (non-slanted) which probably made the more expensive Fury a bit redundant. A few years after its introduction the slanted superferrite was replaced by the split-coil.

13. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    The T-20 on the right has the rounder body style used on the T-40.

14. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

I've owned multiples..

T-20s have a wider neck and clunky chunky body...

Early Fury are a narrower neck and sleeker body... normally a few pounds lighter.

15. Woah, thank you all SOO much for thhat awesome info!

Now... off to acquire one of these!!

16. Would you compair the t-20 to a Fender Precision style neck?

I generally gravitate twards heaftier necks... so as long as the Fury isn't ASSSS narrow as a Jazz i should be quite happy in either case.

17. Slimmer front to back, between a jazz and a precision width.

18. Actually not the same pickup. In addition to being slanted the pup is a "double-wide" Super Ferrite. By comparison, the little single pickup in the Patriot sounds pretty thin.

With a little patience, occasionally a custom color one pops up.

101_0745.
    101_0001.

19. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Sorry .. wasn't monitoring this thread..

Much of the fender depends on the year.. typically peaveys are as wide and thinner front to back.