Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What am I missing here?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tuBass, Jan 22, 2006.

1. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I have had my eye on ebay for a 15" cab for a while, and I I couldn't turn this one down.
    I know the feedback for the seller is low, but for that price it's worth the risk.
    Heck even if the speaker is trashed, it's still worth the price just for the cabinet

what did you think?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7382786441

2. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Bump before it gets buried,
    anyone, anyone?

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

The transactions for the seller are low but it's not negative so my guess is it works fine and is on the rough side esthetically.

$125 shipped is okay. Seems MF had a new GK115 for $150, shipping not sure about. If it has a black widow in it that's a decent speaker - about $75 used for it alone.

As far as the cab, the cab is designed around a specific speaker and dropping just any 15" speaker in it may or may not work well.

The trend is toward down-sizing to smaller speakers/cabs. Some guys may prefer to apply the money to such a cab.

PV stuff is tough, reliable, and respectable so I doubt you'll be disappointed and lose much if anything when it's time to send it packing.

4. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    It was $115 including shipping, so as long as the guys isn't stealing my money, I feel good I'm going to get my $$$ worth.

I've got WINisd, so if I had to replace the speaker I would pick one that would work well with it. From the size of the box, looks like a delta LF would be a good match, but that's just a guess.

Mark