Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what am i tuned to?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gut_Implosion, May 30, 2004.

1. :bawl: I can't find my trusty Korg CA-30 Chromatic Tuner :crying:
    :help:
    sucks for me

ive been feeling really out of tune lately :(

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    So, your tuner was lost or stolen?

Tune to a recording of a song you know, or tune to the dial tone on the phone, it's A 440 hz.

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    dis
    Ya, that isn't what this forum is about. We all lose tuners. Either learn to keep track of them, or buy an expensive enough one you won't forget about. Boss TU-2 stompbox tuner highly reccomended.

4. Please tell me how to tune to my phone!
    Thanks
    Troy

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    ^ As mentioned, the dialtone is an A. Just make your A string sound like the dial tone and tune the rest of the strings from that.

Peace
    Nick

6. woodster

woodster

Apr 24, 2004
    What has the world come to.I came up when they didn`t have electronic tuners.You used a tuning fork,that way your ears got use to the 440 tone.

It be like it was :bag:

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Gut,

I am moving this to the Miscellaneous forum. The Lost & Stolen gear forum is to report stolen items in hopes somebody can help you find it.

Also, please remove the profanity from your signature. It is in violation of the Forum rules. I am removing your signature from this post.

8. Thats why I buy the cheap Korg tuners. They work great, and it's no big loss if I lose one.

9. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I usually tune to the tuning section of cyberfretbass.com since I lost my tuner.

10. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I detuned last month and havent been able to retune my head...
    Please move my post to the lost or stolen heads forum aaaorrggg!