1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Amp/Cabs would you like me to carry?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JonathanD, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I am trying to get a lightweight head/cab set up here. What would you guys like to see? I am pushing hard to expand the bass/bass amp selection here and I want to make sure that when I push, we get some results in sales. This will allow more expansion and much more fun for me!

I love GK, but that might not be the place to start.

Genz Benz?
    GK?
    any other suggestions.

Any feedback is welcome.

2. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Markbass! :cool:

3. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Genz Benz. The Shuttle series are fantastic.

4. I really like the Epifani / Genz Benz combination i have at home..

lightweight and versatile sound..

5. I would think Genz Benz would be a great place to start. Good variety of products, from lower to higher end, good price points, nice sounding stuff, and great people to deal with.

My guess is, you wouldn't have to take the whole line. I would think if you got some of the Shuttle stuff in, that might be a good seller for you.

I love the Markbass stuff, but I think they are locked into GC/MF for a while.

I'm also quite impressed with some of the new Hartke stuff, and they have a nice 'quality/price point' ratio like Genz.

6. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    We already sell Hartke. I will look into what head could be expanded in that area.
    I did some looking, I think GK and Genz are the best options.

That means we will probably go with Genz.

Keep the ideas coming though. I am going to put together a presentation of ideas/support.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

7. I've been very impressed with the new LH heads. That LH500 is just GREAT sounding at that price point. Amazing. I have not heard the cabs though.

8. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Why not? GK has both ultra-light heads and cabs. I've learned that if GK makes you happy, you can't really use anything else. And believe me, I tried...

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Aguilar. I'd say Eden, but that's so un-PC around here these days.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    So how come Sweetwater is so deep with everything else but bass equipment? You can get any obscure piece of PA gear, but bass gear is shockingly shallow.

11. You can't go wrong with Eden, Ampeg, SWR from a sales perspective.
    Not necessarily in that order.

EDIT: just checked the site and you already carry Ampeg and SWR so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

12. MellowTone

MellowTone

May 26, 2008
    Australia
    Markbass, definitely Markbass. I'd love to see you carry them.

13. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Sweetwater started out with Chuck programming samples for Kurzweil keyboards. From there it expanded to studio equipment. Only in the past 3 years or so have we done Guitars at all. People like you and I will make Sweetwater expand is bass selection by showing interest with the all mighty dollar :) We do have Ampeg, SWR, Trace, Peavey and Hartke. I am fighting the need to buy a VB-2 right now something fierce.

I just noticed that we don't really have any light/small/compact bass gear. It seems like the new wave in bass gear, and I am trying to push toe company in that direction. that being said, my voice carries little power(I'm New), so my message must be strong and supported for it to carry through to fruition.

14. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Well, as I am most pleased with everything I have purchased there, I would have certainly purchased my Shuttle from you if you had carried them...I looked at your site first.

Kim

15. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Jonathan, when your topic said "What Amp/Cabs would you like me to carry?" my immediate response was "I've got a gig next Wednesday; be at my house at 7:30. I'll carry my bass and mike stand."

Seriously, though, I agree with the other suggestions. Also another vote for Eden, as well as the Radial accessories.

16. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    We actually have access to Eden amps and sell the entire Radial line.

Although I think we need to jump onboard the lightweight trend, I also think we NEED to expand our bass and bass amp brands considerably.

Amps:
    Aguilar
    Epifani
    Genz
    GK

Basses:
    Music Man
    MTD
    Sadowsky Metro Line
    Lakland

That's a good start. ;)

Andrew