1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What amp head for my Peavey Tour 210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NickInMesa, Apr 23, 2009.

1. I bought a slightly used Peavey Tour 210 cab and I am satisfied with it, but do not like my Crate Power Block so much.

I may keep it for a spare or just eBay it for extra mullah towards a better head.

I am a Peavey fan, and have been looking for a T-Max, or any good tube Peavey head, but can't find one.

What type of head would work with this baby?

Note that I am considering buying the Peavey Tour 115 to put under eventually.

I like to play all style and would like to gig with middle aged guys playing covers and standards (heair metal is also an option).

I also would like to be able to use a modeller like a Line 6 pod (bean or rack) and keep my options open (a bunch of pedals could work).

A non-Peavey head is also fine of course.

Oh and I am an returning bassist, been picking up gear as I go, saving money and adding on every month.

Thanks, all!

2. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    LMII's sound great with this cab, I've used a GK700RB with fantastic results.:)

3. LMII is Little Mark II by Mark, right?

Thanks!

4. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Correct! You're welcome.

5. And what modeller would work well with these heads?

6. depends what U R going for- If U want THE AMpeg sound the VT Bass pedal will sound great thru it. I heard a guy use one the other nite- -a Crate PB- & He was just running a Behringer Bass V-AMP PRO B4 it. so I imagine almost any modelling thang'd do OK. I LIKE the VT-bass pedal myself & it's apparetly fine for use as a pre amp. But the Ol' black Kidney bean(??) the Line 6 bass pod would be good too I imagine- & give LOTSA options! I've actually still got my standard Behr.Bass V-amp (which is a copy of the POD) & it sounds darn good & is still workin fine after 4 yrs- admittedly I only use it now & then, but I used to use it fairly reg. & gig w/ it. It's got good sounds in it.... but I'd hesitate to reg. gig w/ one- I'd get the 'pro' model or POD for a more robust design.

7. groove pump

groove pump

Oct 24, 2006
    I was actually noodling with some stuff at my favorite local shop a couple of weeks back and was surprised to see a used Little Mark II there that had just been traded in. Had to see what it could do and I also love 2x10's, so I plugged it into the used Peavey Tour 210 that was sitting around. I was using my own bass and that gave me something of a reference, too.

Wow! Sounded great! Rich, warm, bold, vivid, smooth... Make the effort to find one and try it with your cab if you can.

It was also a rather light 'n portable pair of components and if I can eventually spare some dough, I might seriously try and get these for myself. I use a pair of SWR Wkmn's 2x10's which aren't exotic, but they deliver a good meat and potatoes amount of sound for me. The Peaveys are lighter and they'll also run with more power - I have a 1,400 watt power amp - so given their very reasonable price, I think it's time for a "Pepsi Challenge" with these cabs. Going lighter may actually make me sound bigger!

8. riker1384

riker1384

Jan 2, 2007
    I see a used Tour 210 in my area., so I was wondering about it, but there's a Peavey employee here who made a comment that implied the the cheaper 210TVX was better, although heavier. Has anyone compared them?

I'm going for a cheaper combo setup in any case.

9. The Tour was $200 after I talked it down from $300. Not bad compared to $400 new.

If I had found a TVX for that same price or around I would have got that.

Is the Line 6 Pod Pro also good for basses?

Thanks!