1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what amp should i go with????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pbassturk, Sep 7, 2008.

1. pbassturk

pbassturk

Jun 22, 2008
    georgia
    here is my predicament. I am playing in a gigging original band. I have recently switched to bass from rhythm guitar. I have a small fender combo and a fender 410 cab and a Hartke 210 cab and a fender mb 1200 power amp. The combo is too small to use outside of band practice and thus the need for an actual amp to pair with my 410 and 210. I am looking at a GK rb700 or such. I am playing a 50's reissue mim P-bass and love the punchy tone i get with it, but i need more tone shaping and power since our guitarist plays two hotrod deluxes in stereo.

2. Markbass LMII

3. Go Ampeg and you will never have to turn back :)

4. pbassturk

pbassturk

Jun 22, 2008
    georgia
    i have my eye on an ampeg 610 but am not sold on any particular head i have heard lots of good about the lmII but im not sold on it.

5. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    fwiw the ampeg 610hlf is a great cab.

i was playing my svt 4 pro through a crappy acoustic cab for a few shows and it made me want to sell the head. brought my 610 and it was like night and day. now i don't want to sell it.

anyway, with all of that being said. the eden wt550 sounds awesome. true bass guitar/finger tone. WHEN i'm no longer playing in hardcore/punk bands, and it's time to downsize my rig, that is what I will be purchasing. along with 2 210 eden cabs.

6. pbassturk

pbassturk

Jun 22, 2008
    georgia
    ok so anybody have an idea how i could swap my power amp for a usable one? It was given to me.

7. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    just get a decent preamp to go with the power amp.

like a sans amp rbi or an ampeg svt pre.

8. pbassturk

pbassturk

Jun 22, 2008
    georgia
    call me old fashioned but i like the tone of a tube amp. i just dont have the cash for that

9. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    then get one of those two preamps. they both do the tube tone pretty well.

10. pbassturk

pbassturk

Jun 22, 2008
    georgia
    any exp with the bbe preamp?

11. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    never used one but i've heard good things about them.

12. pbassturk

pbassturk

Jun 22, 2008
    georgia
    kool, thanx for the input