Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What amp to buy : Nemesis 2x10 or Nemesis 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by whitehouse, Dec 29, 2001.

1. I am gonna sell my Warwick Sweet15, and want to buy a nemesis...
    should I take a 2x10 Nemesis or a 4x10 Nemesis for my bass ??

my bass is a Warwick F.N.A. Jazzman 5-string

:cool:

2. I have a 410 - it's louder than a 210 but not nearly as portable. Which is more important to you?

allan

3. I want the one that makes the bast sound with my 5th string.. someone said to me that the 2x10 are not recommended with 5 strings..the b - string will not sound so good..

is the 4x10 very heavy ?? (that is..too much heavy to carry..)

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I own the NC410-P. The 4x10 is not heavy at all. But it is rather bulky. Could be difficult to transport, depending upon your circumstances...

MM

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I own lots of cabs and the Nemisis 4x10 is easily the most under-rated of them all. I think people forget that Nemisis is made by Eden. My 4x10 has a family resemblance to my Eden 2x10 xlt. I'm not saying they sound the same, but you can tell they are cousins. It weighs the same as the 2x10xlt, meaning it's half the weight most 4x10's. It makes it a very easy cab to cart around. It's LOUD and punchy, just how I like it. My only complaint it the horn protection circuitry. It seems to cut in too early. It felt to me like the speakers had more in them but the light bulb would come on and compress the highs. I actually bypassed the bulb leaving the horn unprotected - that was 3 years ago ad I haven't blown it yet. And it unleashed all the power of the 4 10's.

The 2x10 did indeed struggle a bit. I'd consider it as an extension cab but not as a standalone.

6. 410 because BIGGER is bettah!