what amp to buy with the SWR Box Workingmans 4x10"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by whitehouse, Jan 4, 2002.

1. like the subject says :
    what amp should I buy with the SWR Box Workingmans 4x10" ??

I have the Warwick Sweet 15 now, want to sell it (for about 500$, 2 years old) and want to buy a amp and a box...
    so some questions :

1) is the SWR Box Workingmans 4x10" a good choice for the Warwick F.N.A. Jazzman 5-string ??

2) what amp should I choose with that SWR (if the SWR is a good one)

3) and if I only had about 700$ (or something in that range), what amp should I choose then ?? :)

4) does 4x10" good to my Warwick Jazzman ? (grammar stinks, I know :)

5) or should I take the Ampeg BSE 410H, 4x10", 200W, ??
  2. how can I move it ??

ehm..is a SWR Top Workingmans 4004
    400 Watt/4ohm a good amp ??

and what is better ??? the SWR 4004 TOP with the SWR Box the best choice or the 4004 TOP with the ampeg box ??
  3. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    for me,
    i like to get my tone at the bass and leave the amp as close to flat as possible.
    so i chose to get a good cabinet - goliath III (good - IMO) and use the leftover money for a workingman's 4004.
    so, my 2 cents here is: get the best cab you can afford, and then get as much power as possible with whatever's left. :)
    of course, this may sound horribly wrong for other players and their preferences!

in sum: go to the store, play through everything with your warwick. get the best stuff you can afford!

(ok... you want more specific information, right?)
    swr makes good stuff.
    there probably aren't too many amps/cabs that won't be "right" for your warwick.
    oh yeah, if you're not playing huge venues on a regular basis, check out the new aguilar 2x12.
    i've played the 1x12 and i loved it.
    i'll bet it'll sound real nice with your warwick.
  4. i would go with the Workingman's 4004. 400w is more than enough for small to medium gigs. i have the workingman's 12 combo and it sounds great so i can imagine the head would be cool to.

remember though that its all up to your ears. dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

good luck:D

P.S, dont worry, the moderators will move the thread for you soon enough ;)
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yes, we will move it.:D
  6. I think I do not want 2x10" speakers..I heard that the 5th string does not cope right with 2x10" speakers.. somebody told me that 4x10" has a bigger surface and because of that the 5th string will do better..
  7. Whitehouse.. I've got an SWR WM's 4004 ( 400w/4ohm ), and i'm thinking of getting the SWR 4x10 cab..

Perhaps an idea to get together sometime, you bring the cab, i bring the amp, so both of us can check it out ? :)

mail me