1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Ampeg head for my Ampeg 1x15 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BurritoBass, Sep 27, 2009.

1. BurritoBass

BurritoBass

May 10, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    Having always bought combos I recently acquired an Ampeg 1x15 cab. It says 200w 8ohms on the back. I know very little on such things but believe I can damage it if I buy too big a head. I want to use it as a single cab with an Ampeg head and wondered what my options are. The Ampeg Micro SVT head is 150w into 4 ohms but what would happen if I bought SVT-450H to go with it instead. Is this a good choice or am I likely to blow the speaker. What else is out there by Ampeg that would suit?

The 1x15 is really for small / medium gigs and I wanted that AMpeg sounds. Any pointers will be gratefully received. Thanks

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    A V4BH, V4B, or similar would be ideal. 100 watts, all tube Ampeg tone. One of my favorite sounds, ever.

3. What's your budget? Does it HAVE to be Ampeg? If not, the Acoustic B200H has some awesome bang-for-buck factor.

4. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    What he said.

5. BurritoBass

BurritoBass

May 10, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    The V4BH sounds great but it's not readily available. Has anyone any experience with the Ampeg micro head or any other ideas? Ideally it does have to be Ampeg I'm afraid

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Got no experience with it, but the Micro VR is getting pretty good reviews. Looks cool, too. Having never heard it, I can tell you that I'd rather have it than a 450H or a B2RE, which I have heard and wasn't too knocked out by.

7. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    An Ampeg SVT450H and B2RE are more or less the same thing... just the SVT450H is in a SVT's clothing...