Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What amps and related stuff do you want to see in the new year?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CYoung, Dec 14, 2001.

1. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Ok, just like the thread I started in basses, what new amplifiers or changes to existing amplifiers would you like to see in the new year?

Here are a few of mine:

1. Re-release the Ampeg BA210SP - but with no digital effects and an external speaker jack
    2. Release the Peavey BAM 210 head by itself. I would love to push an Ampeg SVT-410HE with one of these.
    3. I would like to see more built-in tuners in amps.
    4. Back-lit controls on bass amps so when the light guy makes the stage very dark, I can still see the dang amp controls!

Your ideas?

2. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    a line 6 bass pod upgrade that makes it include delay, a really affordable ampeg amp, and a really good external preamp i can duct tape to my bass.

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I would love to see Ibanez re-release their Iceman basses. Preferably, the ICB500. Woohoo!

Do any model companies make models of guitars and/or basses? I would like to see a company that builds model cars and trucks introduce a line of model basses and guitars (a Les Paul, Jimi's Strat, a 1951 Fender P-Bass, etc).

Lastly, the thing I most want to see in the new year: A line of (drumroll) GWAR action figures! Come on McFarlane Toys, get with it! You've made Ozzy and Rob Zombie, KISS and even the McKenzie brothers, let's see Oderus, Balsac, Jizmak, Flattus and Beef in action figure form, with removable weapons and instruments. I'd buy two of each -- one to play with and one to collect (dust). ;)

4. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Hategear,

That's all very nice, but do you have any AMPLIFIER suggestions you would like to post here in the AMPLIFIER section?

:D

5. Bassdadto2

Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    California
    Or for that matter, How bout a Line 6 bass combo? 500W, with a 2x10 tuned- port cab, and optional 18 sub!:D

6. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    An amp that goes up to 11

7. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    A 4000W All-Tube Ampeg head alongside a new 10X15 cabinet. Too many loud guitarists out there...

8. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

With detachable roadies? :D

9. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    You said it all!

10. Acme B-8
    Carvin R1000 (All Tube)

11. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Sorry. I misread the title of this thread. I thought it said, "What amps and music related stuff do you want to see released in the next year?" Since Ibanez and GWAR and models of basses and guitars would be music related, I thought my post fit. Again, my bad. Sorry.

12. CYoung

CYoung

Nov 30, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Hategear, no prob, I was just funnin' ya.

I like the idea of a Line 6 Bass Pod combo. It would give the BAM 210 quite a run for its money, if the cost could be kept reasonable. Perhaps I need to call Line 6 and see what they think.....

13. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I know CYoung. I just felt like an ass-boob after reading the actual title of the thread. :(

How 'bout an amp with settings like "Cliff Burton," "Geddy Lee," "Jaco" or "Fieldy" on 'em? Just push a button and magically sound, look and act just like your favorite bass superstar! You could have fifteen or so settings, all featuring different players from different genres, with upgrades available in the form of a disc. "Oh, we're gonna do 'Seek and Destroy' now? Let me just switch to 'Cliff Burton.' <Bink!> Okay, let's rock!"

14. I would like to see SWR keep their promise about making a "updated" Basic Black combo....
    ...or is the LA Series 15 their answer???

15. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    perfect!

16. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    I would like to see my SWR IOD come in before the new year, thats what I want to see.:rolleyes:

17. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    one thing i definitely would like to see is
    bigger tube amps. like a 600 watt all tube
    ampeg! that'd be sweet. another is amp heads
    with 15+ band parametric eq's. i like my eq.
    also, dual fx loops could be fun

18. I would like to see in integrated amp that blends the tube character and tonal flexibility of an Aguilar DB659 and with the small, light, and clean power of Walter Woods' ultra-high power amps. I would like to see it in a chassis smaller and lighter than the Eden WT-400. I would like to expand the max power handling to about 2,000 watts at 4 ohms (seriously) - so that the amp has enough headroom to handle serious 4-ohm low B loads without creeping into the area where class D amps start to crap out.

I want Andy Lewis to start building cabinets with 12" drivers. I also want him to get Eminence to develop a coaxial driver so his cabs can shrink even more!

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I want to see an all tube integrated amp that has 400 watts and weighs 25lbs, and sells for under $1500.

20. Hammersmith69

Hammersmith69

Mar 5, 2006
    GWAR's Beefcake in Full
    [​IMG]
    GWAR from the birds view
    [​IMG]
    GWAR's Beefcake faceshot (makeup please)
    [​IMG]

Shocker Toys is doing them