1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what amps do u guys play?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by painlessbassist, Dec 16, 2006.

1. painlessbassist

painlessbassist

Nov 4, 2006
    Hey guys painless again. i just got a hartke amp. the sound is awsome and it works better then the amp i was using(an acoustic guitar amp with 10 watts) I hartke i got is a B150 with 65 watts that shake the house. it makes my guitar sound the right way. i am also looking at some crate amps. What do you guys play? :bassist:

Later,
    Painlessbassist:ninja:

2. I just sold my pro rig
    so Im playing through a 10 watt Squier Sidekick guitar combo with 5" driver
    can I hear a rock on???
    I didnt think so

Crates can get a bad rap
    but I have an old SLM Crate guitar amp
    and its never failed me I did blow the original Celestion 12 so I just threw in a Rockford Fostgate from my car's subwoofer box
    try a few of them as I am not sure of the current series of Crates

3. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    LMAO (I hope you meant that to be as humorous as I took it :))

Painless, I played thru a Hartke 3500 head for a couple of years, really dug it... I wasn't a big fan of Hartke's speakers so I ran it thru a GK 4x10 cab and later an Aguilar 2x10 + Ampeg 1x15 setup... right now, I play a Gibson GB440 amp thru that Aggie 2x10. Really enjoy it for practicing and the occassional jam with friends.

4. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    i play a gk 700rb through an eden 2x10t 4ohm cab. sounds good and works well for the small-medium sized gigs i have on my plate currently.

5. painlessbassist

painlessbassist

Nov 4, 2006
    painless here, thanks for the info guys

6. My TBC into a Morley A/B/Y Box, one side to a boss odb3 to a behringer BX4500H to a crate 2x15 and the other side to an Ampeg V6-B into a Peavy 2x10

7. I use a Trace Elliot AH-250 head going into a Mesa Boogie 115 cab. But usually for gigs, I just bring my Line6 Bass Pod XT Live and let the PA do the work instead of my back. :cool:

8. I have 3 that I use. My small one is an SWR Basic Black, which is a simple tube preamp 15" combo amp. My Mid size is an SWR Super Redhead with 18" Big Ben subwoofer. And my main gig amp is an SWR SM-900 head with the 8X10 SWR Megoliath cabinet. This keeps all of my BASSES covered!! :)

9. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Fender 400PS
    Acoustic 320

A bunch of others that don't get used much:

Sound City X188
    Mesa Boogie D-180
    Trace Elliot Boxer 65

10. I don't play an amp, but, I do play basses, the signal goes from the bass to the amp, to which it reproduces the signal into sound. As for amps that I use.. BBE QSC and Groovebass.. which one do I like better.. the BBE and QSC combo.

Randy

11. jshellac

jshellac

Dec 10, 2006
    the one and only SVT CL head and a SVT412HE cab

12. I play a Traynor YBA200 through a Traynor YC 610 :D

yummy!

13. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place

There's only one? It must be worth a lot. I'd actually thought Ampeg sold more than that. :p

14. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Gig Rig ~ GK 2000RB ---> SWR Goliath III 4x10 & Eden 215XLT

Practice ~ SWR Workingmans 12 + SWR Son of Bertha Cab

15. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Eden WT-550 and 210XST.

16. right now a GK1001-II w/ Eden D410XLT
    and life is good!

17. Ten Four One

Ten Four One

Dec 5, 2006
    I like Hartkes myself. I've also got an SWR Working Man's 12 that's ok for acoustic gigs, but not with a whole band. Of course my baby is my 1963 Ampeg B-15.

18. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    +1 on Line6!
    Also bring a QSC2402 and these to stack vertically on my side of the stage.
    Saves the back but still hammers low notes:
    ChefClatter.

19. ashdown abm500evo2

20. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    All Gallien-Krueger here :D

I'm running a GK 2001RB head, and a stack of Neo cabinets (a 212 and a 115). I doubt I'll never replace my rig, because it can get me awesome and LOUD rock tones that put Ampeg rigs to shame, IMO :D