Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What amps do we rick users use

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, May 18, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I'm a proud owner of a 4003 but I only have a 15w practice amp so I was wondering what amps and cabs other rick users use or want.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    A SansAmp RBI, a Carvin DCM1000, and a Bag End S15-D.

3. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    i dunno cause i dont have a rick 'yet' but i would like to hear a rick through a hartke, half tube half solid.

or ampeg........just like to hear a rick through ampeg. ill go now cause i aint really helping.
    later
    Lukas

4. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I have a Samson power conditioner, Sabine tuner, Ampeg SVP-Pro, Ashley FET-2000M power amp, Mesa/Boogie 2x10 and 1x15 along with a few stomp boxes............

5. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I never could find anything better than an Ampeg SVT (vintage one).

I recently had a SVT2-Pro and finally sold it. At this time, I almost have an old SVT on the way (waiting for a confirmation from the seller).

All the best,

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i agre on the ampeg SVT classic. i use the rick with a strange setup, but it's the best way for me to have that rick+ampeg sound at an affordable price.

rick 4001---Hughes and kettner tubeman plus 3 channel preamp--- old Eko herald III head used a poweramp--- Ampeg svt 410 cab

7. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    I have a '01 4003 running through an Ampeg B2R & a BSE-410H. I'm planning soon to get another 410 cab.

8. bassclar7

bassclar7

Apr 22, 2000
    Goodrich, MI
    I will usually run my rick in stereo, if I've got the time and the stage area. I run the bass pickup through my SVT with 8x10, after going through a behringer compressor, and the Treble pickup through an old 50w Marshall JCM 800 with a SWR 2x10 cab. Both signals go through my 2-31 band eq first though. Outstanding clarity, and low end to die for.