What an Idiot!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sn0wblind, Jun 28, 2001.

1. sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    Trip Hop figurehead Tricky has accused the Stone Temple Pilots of ripping him off.

His specific beef is with the STP song "Sour Girl," which he claims liberally borrows a lyrical theme from his own "Peyote Sings." It seems that the one Tricky line, "Excuse me, what you looking at?" and one piece of STP prose, "Hey, what are you looking at?" are too close for Tricky's comfort.

All I have to say is what a bunch of Horsesh*t!!!!! thats like suing somebody for haveing the letter "A" in your lyrics, what an idiot, I've never really hated anybody before , but this guy is in idiot, and I hope his music career fails miserably!!!!
  2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  3. Not to take up for Tricky, but do the phrases sound the same? If so I'd have reason to believe so to. Not that I think STP would even rip anything off Tricky. Just wanted to know if you knew if they sounded the same that's all. Based on words alone, I'd tell Tricky to go hump himself. oh and by the way..."pardon me, what might you be gazing upon?":D
  4. That's actually been happening since Pre-Millenium Tension came out...
  5. sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    I doubt highly the the lines sound similar, so a stupid little line is similar. whoopdy doo!!!!!! Music will eventually repeat itself. I think's its just a coincidence that they use similar lines. I'm pretty damn sure STP dosent need to rip others lyrics!!
  6. Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    I've said that same line to every person who's ever stared at me. I guess Tricky doesn't like me either. Didn't mean to rip you off Tricky!:(
  7. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
  8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    LMAO :D