What an incredible idea!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Throw out all my socks! Buy 12 new pairs of the same brand socks! I'll never have to match my socks up when I do laundry again!
  2. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I've been doing that for several years now, with hanes ankle socks. They pissed me off last year, because they started making them a wee little bit differently, so now I have to try and match up the old versions and the new versions. They look exactly the same on the outside, so I have to turn them inside out to tell. Dammit!

3. This, my friends, is the sign of pure genius.
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    you JUST figured this out????

5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Psh, who matches socks?
  6. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I've been doing that for at least 10 years
  7. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Were you on ecstasy when you started this thread?

brad cook
  9. I used to HATE doing that. SOMEHOW, no matter HOW MANY NEW PAIRS of socks that I buy to replace the old ones, I still ALWAYS end up matching socks!!!
    :scowl: :eyebrow: :spit:
  10. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I give you credit... me and few others done that for years but you were first one to put it on paper and spread the word so other lazy people could do it too... with out any joking... I think you should win Nobel price... really:)

Only different pairs of socks I have are my hockey socks:)

11. I never match, and i never bother to turn them right side in if they are in side out. So , yeah im lazy :)
  12. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Psh, who wears socks?
  13. you, my friend, have just make life a thousend times easyer! :hyper:
  14. um, is that so you can wear one pair for a whole month for each month? For the sake of your bandmates, might I suggest 7 pairs. One for each day of the week.

- Dave
  15. +1.
  16. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts

I started doing this about 2 years ago, My wife originally thought I was insane, now she buys me 2 new packs of socks each year for Chirstmas and tosses last years batch. If I hadn't had to wait until my slow brain came up with it all on my own my life would have been much easier when I did my own laundry...

Lazy men of the world, UNITE!!!! Spread the Word!!!
  17. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Dont you know the cool kids wear non-matching socks now, Joe.
  18. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Try going sockless while wearing Doc Martin's. After an hour, your feet will smell like someone took a crap on a dead skunk.