Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What an insult!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Jun 13, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    This looks like a Danelectro Hodad. check out the description:

I am selling my guitar because I am wanting to up grade to a Daisey Rock Bass Guitar. It works fine and has all of its strings. It is in EXCELLENT condition. I has a great sound and is no longer is stock. It is blue and black with silver sparkles with a white face plate. it has a volume toner adjuster and a SFX button. I will include a red strap, 2 picks, and a cord. It rarely goes out of tune and when it does it does not even go out of its original key. Well I hope you like it. Thanks.

By the way. it's pickup only in Michigan.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=3729019870&rd=1

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    It's actually a Rumor... a pretty hip 'cheapy' IMO... However,I like the Daisy one's also, (yeah, I'm in touch with my feminine side :D )

-robert

3. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    That description is awesome.

4. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    I think the best feature is that when it goes out of tune it manages to "not even go out of its original key."

5. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

I know! I've been looking for a bass that could do that for years!

6. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    now if only i could find one that stops me from playing out of key... :meh:

7. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Just remember that there are no wrong notes. There are simply a few notes of increased awareness.

8. Kudos to the seller though, he got his original investment back! They sold for 150 on MF! :)

9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    ... and raised eyebrows...

like this :eyebrow:

:D :D :D :D :D

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

What - you mean we should congratulate him for "ripping off", a fellow bassist...? :meh:

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Caveat Emptor.

12. I never said he was ripping anybody off! He got a great price on his axe. I know that if I were to sell my bass I would want to get a great price, and if someone wanted it bad enough to pay retail on a used bass, then no one was ripped off!
    good try though. :spit:

13. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Heightened awareness is what they call it in my part of the world :D

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That would be my definition of getting "ripped off" - paying retail for a used, mass-produced, budget bass!! :meh:

15. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Ohhh... That sound's like a Challange Bruce.... Man UP!

16. This made my day. :D

Kinda like saying "when I get drunk I don't even get drunk", or something like that.

BTW guys, I'm sooooooo selling my Spector Euro 5 (I'm asking 3500$, and yes, it still has all its strings!) because I'm soooooo going to buy me one of those Daisy Rock "Flower" basses. :hyper:

17. Does anyone know how hard it would be to install a "volume toner adjuster and a SFX button" in my Reverend Rumblefish.

18. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Imma Get Conklin to build me a 14 string bass with a Small LCD with built in Tuner, Metronome and All effects, It will also have a PS2 in it for fun, and an umbrella incase it rain's. And TWO SFX buttons!

19. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    That's stupid Funkize. If you're getting a 14 string you need at least 78 sfx buttons and stereo umbrella's. I don't think that bass would be very easy to play. You should probably look into a flatscreen monitor so that you can run system checks on your bass before shows thoguh.

Sidenote, I sold my Epiphone Les Paul for 200 Canadian more than I paid for it. I didn't even ask that much. That's just what the kid offered me.

20. It's going to hard keeping all 14 strings on the bass. Just something to think about.