1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are Low End basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Dec 14, 2006.

1. I read in a thread that Low End basses are supposed to be IT as far as Jazz Bass models are concerned.
    I did a search and came up with nothing.
    How can I get some info about these basses?

2. GhettoBrassGuy

GhettoBrassGuy Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Simi Valley, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull, Lakland, Aguilar, JH Audio
  3. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa
    http://www.lowendbasses.com/

for a direct link.

SUpposed to be great stuff. Love the logo. My only gripe is that Lake placid blue is a $450 upcharge. They must not like blue or something:)

4. They are indeed great basses. I sure do love mine.

5. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Roscoe Basses, 64 Audio IEM, SIT Strings
    I like 'em, my favorite jazz style basses in fact. My black LEJ 6 should be here by the end of next month.

6. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I like this one. ;)

CIMG1255.

7. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    They're all essentially built by Bennevante right? (don't know if I spelled that right..)

8. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    The are completely hand built(no CNC or outsourcing of bodies and necks) by Chris Benavente and I believe Brian at The Low End does the assembling and installs the electronics and hardware.

9. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    You're sure? The prices on their website seem far too resonable for a completely handbuilt instrument.

10. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    yep, positive.

11. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    Is that real wood or one of those photo tops? Oh, and you're missing a few screws. And no, I'm not calling you crazy . . . you're actually missing your pick guard screws.

12. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    That top is actually spalted cocobola(sp?) wood....I don't think you could pay Chris for a photo-top. The pickguard is not screwed in because it was there as an option for the customer who I believe ended up not installing it.

13. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Yeah, it's kinda confusing at first. You have low end basses, that are poor in quality and low end in price. Then there are LowEnd basses that you're talking about. If you search for LowEnd Jazz you should yield more/better results.

The LEJs are indeed all built in house by Benavente. They're then sent to Brian at the LowEnd who has them finished. Finally he gets them back and assembles them in house. The only thing on the bass that isn't really custom made is the hardware. Brian even handwires the preamps.

I owned a Geddy V. It was truely a work of art. It really doesn't make sense how much hand work goes into the basses for the price.

If you call Brian at The LowEnd he'll be able to help you with any decisions. He's been really helpful to me with any of my questions concerning basses in general.

14. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    It's not mine, but I wish it was. ;)

Joe