1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are my choices of medium-scale jazz basses ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by T'CharleS, May 19, 2012.

1. T'CharleS

T'CharleS

Jul 6, 2008
    France
    Hi Folks, I need your knowledge for a future buy!

I seriously GAS about a medium-scale jazz because I tremendously like both passive jazz basses and medium scale basses.

Ideally I'd want a medium-scale neck on a full-sized '75 JB body but I know that is not likely to exist and I definitely don't have enough money to have one built for me ;)

I'll pull the trigger soon but I would like to know all my available options before doing so and I have tremendous difficulties finding 32" Jazz basses

So far I have found these :
    - Fender MIJ JB-62M
    - Fender MIJ Aerodyne AJB-M
    - SX Ursa Medium Scale
    - Greco Super Sound (Medium Scale)
    - Warmoth medium scale jazz

Know any other? (whether still produced or not matters little)

2. I just pulled the trigger on a brand new Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass (it's actually a p/j bass). I am in the middle of finals right now but I had to take about an hour when it arrived and I can tell you that it is now the best passive instrument I own. I got it hooked up to a GK 410MBX which is being pushed by an Ampeg PF 500. In the one hour that I have on it I cannot complain and the only defect (if you want to call it that) is the finish is easy to smudge and needs to be wiped down but it's a small price to pay for a fantastic bass.

3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Most Alembics can be had in 32" scale. Or the 1st gen. Urge Bass.