What are my choices.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Aug 22, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I'm wondering what my choices are for a bass in between 900-1500 pounds (UK Sterling).
    I'm a wanna be session player :D and i'm buying all my gear so it's all decent quality so far I have a rickenbacker 4003 and enough money for a ashdown abm500 and a 4x8 cab.

I mostly play finger style and any type of music but I really want a good jazz bass because they tend to be the most useful but I'm not to fond of standard fender jazz if I got one it would have to be a RI or artist series or something like that. I'm only looking at new basses but I did find a passive bn5 F bass for 1499 pounds so I think this is second hand.

I've not tried any basses that I want out yet I will do that at christmas but so far I like:

G&L L-2000
    That F bass bn5 (But I don't like 5 strings really unless I could easily make it a high c)
    Yamaha John Myung sig bass (But i do like 6 strings):D
    Maybe a SEI bass

It has to be a decent bass nothing thats stupidly over priced and it also has to be respected so I can get lots of gigs with out people laughing or something like that.

I'd also like it to be buy able in most stores so no custom jobs unless there really spectacular

Thanks for any ideas you can offer.
  2. dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002

Scuse me, but I think that Furlanetto, G&L and Yamaha are extremely different basses, with EXTREMELY different prices! The Sei is probably one of the finest basses on the Earth with a high price... the F is a bolt-on, the Yamaha is a low end model... well, I'm a little confused.
    If I was you, I would consider Wal or Sei. They are both english made, so you should get them for a fair price, don't you think?