1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What are my options?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kwesi, Apr 19, 2010.

1. So I'm still in the process of getting my board (basically synth/funk board) together and originally I had planned on getting a Markbass Super Synth to top everything off but I'm realizing that I'd really like a synth pedal with an expression input so I can control parameters with my foot (filter sweep, LFO rate, etc) and the SS doesn't have that. Also, before I didn't think I'd want a phaser, flanger or reverb and now I do and the SS takes up space that could be used for them. Are there any smallish synth pedals that can be controlled via expresson pedal?

2. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    As far as small goes all that's coming to my mind are the Boss SYB-3/5 and the Behringer BSY-600.

3. I've thought about those a bunch and really the only thing stopping me from buying an SYB-5 is that it gets so much flak for it's tracking. I don't play crazy fast but I really need a pedal that tracks my playing precisely and cleanly. Is there any possible way to mod it for better tracking?

4. No, unfortunately you won't be able to mod it for better tracking. I have a SYB-5 and it does sound excellent. It is small, has a sample and hold feature, and an expression jack.

It really does depend on how you are playing in regards to its tracking. You can't play fast at all without it glitching. A mid tempo speed can sometimes be pushing it. No fast runs.

But damn does it sound good. If you use it for slower tempo stuff you will love it. if you expect to get away with faster runs, you will be disappointed.

I can tell you that the tracking on the SYB-5 is better than the SYB-3.