Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What are some good analog flangers

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Namaah, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Namaah

Namaah

Dec 21, 2002
    Bronx, NYC
    right now im running off od a Digitech Turbo Flange and im lookin to upgrade to analog. im lookin for somethine that doesnt need a 50 page manual to understand, decently priced ($125 - $175 range), and wont eat batteries like theres no tomorrow, if i dont have an adaptor. what are my options. Also how much of a difference in sound is there compaired to a Phaser???

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I use the Lovetone ? Flanger with No Name, but it does require a 50 page manual and is definitely not cheap!:D Try looking into the Ibanez Classic Flanger; I'm not sure if they are made anymore, but they are sweet and cheap.

A flanger is more metallic sounding than a phaser. Essentially a flanger is a suped up chorus, whereas a phaser is more of an EQ shifting type of effect.

Flanger = Airplaine whoosh
    Phaser = Tony Levin's Stick tone

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Boss BF2B, the older brown unit. I love his flang it's rich and lush sounding and you can score a used one for around 50 bucks. Y also don't need a degree to operate it:)